Tabs

Friday, November 1, 2013

{30 days of THANKS}

I've been a horrible blogger. Any takers on a bet of whether I can blog daily for November? 
Ha. 
I can't even take my own bet. 
First, some pictures of the 6 cutest kids on Halloween. 
Paiton was a girl ninja turtle. She was Michaelangelo, but a girl, so obviously we had to a tutu and some glitter!


 And Quinn, of course, was a fireman. :) 
 Before the real trick or treating had even begun, Quinn was shoveling chocolate in his mouth by the handful. He was completely in a chocolate coma by 6 pm.


 This is all I got of these guys. They were chomping at the bit to go trick or treating. Quinn refused to look at me and said "No look at you. Look at pew pew." So, there you have it.

Next, day 1 of what I'm thankful for in November.
Today will be, patience. I'm thankful some people have it. I am NOT one of them. I want things done quickly, I want them done my way, I want people to listen and children to mind. Obviously this is not how life works. Especially life with Quinn. We joke that we should have a reality show called Life With Quinn. This was reiterated to us last night during Trick or Treating. Holy cow, that child. He is HILARIOUS. Seriously, he is stinking funny. He loved trick or treating. He would run up to the door and say "trick or treat! Thank you!" But his bucket was very heavy, so he would drop it on the ground and leave it for Uncle B to pick up! He would then take off in the opposite direction, into people's garages, back yards, the darkest corner of the yard, etc. It was a chasing game all.night.long.
Luckily for me my mom, Titi Carissa, and Uncle B were all there (Matt's in Denver) because he was exhausting!
Tonight, Quinn had an epic meltdown. These are still new to me, Paiton misbehaves in other ways, not like this. He cried so hard that he threw up all over himself and his stuffed animal. All because I wouldn't let him tear apart something at a craft show. Quinn is very, very, very trying on my patience, which is already lacking. It is really hard for me to not just burst into tears and run away when he starts acting that way. It's usually completely out of nowhere and completely horrific. He has a lot of sensory issues that we work through, and mainly, he needs patience and love. He broke my heart tonight when he had a screaming meltdown, throw up fit, and then I took him to the bathroom and he patted my cheek and kissed me and said "I sorry mama. I not mean to." (One of his newest phrases - I not mean to. When he spills something, breaks something, destroys something, etc.)  
He is a SWEET, sweet baby. He is such a good boy and he is so very caring. I know he doesn't mean to. Sometimes life with Quinn feels like life with 14 other kids who all run in different directions and have different emotions, but all wrapped up in Q. 
So tonight I'm thankful for patience. I'm thankful that my mom took Q to play on the stairs for five minutes so I didn't cry and run away. I'm thankful that tomorrow my husband comes home because he is much more sane than I am. And I'm thankful that Quinn was given to our family, to teach me the thing I most lack. Patience.

No comments: