Tabs

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sslkjsdfielakdf!

That is the sound Paiton makes when she does her new trick! She has learned to make a funny noise by blowing her lips together. I don't know how to explain it. It's like a raspberry minus the tongue. It's too too cute!
We also had successful tummy time today! We got in five solid minutes of good tummy playing without any screaming!! Yay!
Now, I need some help! Paiton ONLY takes naps if I'm holding her. If I try to lay her down she immediately wakes up and doesn't go back to sleep. She just stays awake. If I lay her down tired but awake she screams bloody murder until I pick her up. NO, she doesn't cry herself to sleep. She makes herself sweaty and horse from screaming but doesn't stop. I have tried everything!
I need to know how to get her to take naps in her crib without me so that I can work, do housework, be sane! If you have any advice, I'll take it. I've even tried laying in bed with her until she's out, then sneaking out but she knows! She's too smart and NOTHING works! Please help!
On a good note my friend Christine has an 8 month old baby and they got passes to Roaring Springs this summer! We are excited for the babies to play together. I think we're going to hit up the park when we get back from Virginia! P is too little to do anything but she likes to be outside so it should be fun!!
Countdown to VA: 5 days! Eek, better get packing!

2 comments:

Brooke and Brad Arnold said...

Have you tried leaving something with your scent on it? Like you sleep with a blanket of hers or something? I'm sure you've probably already tried this but that's the only suggestion I have. I usually lay Wes in our bed to nap in the morning and then in the afternoon, he usually takes little cat naps.

Lynn said...

Just wear her in a pack. I had to do it with both of my kids. Avery eventually - at one slept on her own in her own bed. Miles still has to be held 75% of the time to go to sleep. He's 2 1/2. I love it though. It doesn't take long before they don't need you anymore.