Tabs

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Infestation...

The Infestation of 2011 continues at the Locke House.
I don't remember where we were in the Battle of Croup when I posted last but here's a quick breakdown - Paiton got Croup. Then Quinn got Croup. Then Paiton got an inner and middle ear infection. Then Quinn got two ear infections. They were both coughing, pouring out snot, on antibiotics, and having their noses sucked out every 5 minutes. That went from the night of Paiton's birthday on. Wednesday I got the Croup - which in adults gives you a cough and laryngitis. So everyone had a good time making fun of me for not having a voice on Thanksgiving! ;) Matt also caught a cold. We had Thanksgiving (which I will post on....sometime...) and it seemed like the kids were finally going to start feeling better and being less miserable. Enter Saturday morning.
I woke up today at 4:30 am to hear Paiton throwing up. All over my bed. So. we cleaned her up, left the mess on the bed, and took the kids downstairs. (She was really scared of the throwing up. She hasn't done it before and she was crying and screaming and totally panicking - which woke up Quinn.) So we got her situated on the couch with her pillow, blanket, and barf bowl. She had a ROUGH morning. We were up running to the bathroom every half hour or so. She never got over the fear of throwing up and after 4 sets of pajamas I just let her be naked because it was getting everywhere. She finally fell asleep on the couch and slept for a couple hours. When she woke up she said "It's a little bit scary to throw up." :( Broke my heart. Poor girl was so confused. She didn't throw up the rest of the day but we made her continue to lay down and be calm. (Ha!)
In the middle of all that Quinn got sick as well. I have never seen a little baby throw up like a real person. My kids are barfers as babies and I've still never seen anything like this!! It was sooo sad. He also had a few diaper explosions on top of it. It was a rough day. We all kept having to change our clothes, I was busy cleaning up babies, floors, and bedding all day long, and trying not to be paranoid about catching it myself!!
I had a lot of stuff I needed to do today that obviously didn't get done. :( I had really hoped to FINALLY get the kids 3 year and 6 month pictures done today - it was actually nice out - but obviously that didn't happen. Along with a long list of everything else!
I promise my kids aren't sickly, even though it sounds like it! I was warned both by my personal doctor, and the kids pediatrician that there was a nasty stomach bug going around that we might catch, but I really thought "We can't have THAT bad of bad luck!" But I guess since their little immune systems were already having a hard time fighting the croup and ears, the stomach crud got the best of them. So sad. Matt's side of the family had it and, I guess, gave it to the kids. Everyone was healthy on Thanksgiving, but before Thanksgiving his mom had it, then yesterday his dad and aunt had it, and apparently today it was the babies turn.
I am crossing my fingers as hard as I can that I don't get it - mom's don't get breaks when they're sick and that is the last thing we need!! So hopefully the next couple days everything will clear up and pass and all will be better. And then we'll be set for the winter because we'll have had everything possible already! ;)
So...long story short....there WILL be a birthday update on the most important, beautiful, and perfect girl in the world, AND there will be a Thanksgiving update. Promise.

No comments: