Tabs

Saturday, November 12, 2011

It's Fall Ya'll!!

This post is SO late, and I've had that title for it in my head for weeks!! Haha!! Oops, sorry! :/
Anyway, it IS in fact fall ya'll here Idaho!!
Everyone knows I definitely prefer sunshine and 100+ degree weather. BUT...there is something to be said about crisp, fall air, and the fun activities that come with it.
Here are {waaaay too many} pictures of our fun fall happenings over the last couple weeks! :) I'll split them into sections so as not to overwhelm myself.

~~Apple Picking~~ 
This is one of my favorite traditions. We have done this every year since we moved to Idaho - so 20+ years!! It's so fun and we've enjoyed adding to the crew every year! ;) This was Quinn's first year of apple picking, and, as always, we had a blast! 

 You can't take the world's cutest baby to an apple orchard and NOT stick him in a bucket for pictures...










 "Oooh...an apple!? Don't mind if I do!"

















 Paiton discovered that she LOVES yellow apples, and I don't even know how many she ate!


 Papa and Quinn
 These 2 are trouble together!

 Papa, Quinn and Nana!
 Ema and her chickens!
 Uncle B and P.

 Baby butt crack! 
 Love my boyfriend!
 Matt and Ema picking plums


 Papa and Paiton (and my very favorite image of the day)


 I don't remember what Matt conquered with this pose...but something..
 I held the camera out and managed to snap this of my sweet boy while I was wearing him. :)


~~Pumpkin Patch~~ 
We took all the cousins to the pumpkin patch like we do every year! Matt was at work, but we had fun and so did the kids, as usual! 
We did all the fun things - pony rides, animal petting zoo, picked pumpkins, tractor ride, etc. :) 
Here's another million and a half pictures to enjoy! ;)
The kids enjoyed the hay maze:


 And the petting zoo:








 Paiton went on the swings! The REAL swings where they strap you in and it spins you around, like at the fair! I didn't back up to get a wide picture of the whole thing because the classy lady running it told me "She's pretty little, she might fall forward and fall out. But that's only happened like once before..."
 Paiton LOVED the swings - although it doesn't look like it. When I was comfortable that she wasn't going to fall out, I started snapping pictures. My mom, dad, and I were cracking up because every time Paiton came around past us we could tell that she was yelling something at us but we couldn't hear her to know what she was saying. When the ride was over my dad went to get her and she told him she was yelling "I'm hungry!" Hahaha.


 Then it was time for the barrel ride.




 On the tractor ride I got to sit with my favorite oldest boy. I kept trying to sneak pictures of him and he told me "I'm going to get a big pumpkin and throw it at your camera." :)
Alright little buddy, but I still won.



 Time to find our pumpkins!





 Playing in the corn.

 PONY RIDES!













 Time for a cousin picture!

 Ryan working
 Apparently Paiton was done having her picture taken.
~~Halloween Pre School Party!~~
Paiton was so excited for her Halloween party at pre-school! It was a lot of fun. I made delicious sugar cookies and all the kids took treats to school. Then I headed back to pull my car in for a trunk-or-treat. Lots of the moms participated and the kids went on a parade through the neighborhood getting treats! I had to text Matt and tell him I had never seen anything cuter! :)
Paiton (like last year) got to pick what she wanted to be for Halloween. After debating between Rapunzel and Jessie from Toy Story, she finally settled on Toy Story. I made her costume and Nana made her hat! It turned out great!

 Quinn slept soundly through Trunk Or Treating
 Carolanne, her teacher, was Cat In The Hat.





She was really excited to come trunk or treat at my car. :)






 Our drive to pre-school is literally 5 minutes long. Paiton had such a busy day from the Halloween party that she fell asleep in that drive home!
~~Pumpkin Carving with the whole family!~~ 
Us, The Lurcooks #1, The Lurcooks #2, and even Ema and Grandpa all came over to our house to carve pumpkins this year. It was a lot of fun. We made pizza and ate snacks. 
Paiton chose (shocking...) Rapunzel! I was so busy carving this stupid  pumpkin that I didn't even take pictures until it was all over.  
I accidentally knocked a huge chunk out while carving and had to nail, yes nail, it back in. :/
 All the kids' pumpkins



~~Halloween 2011~~
Halloween is so fun every year. Paiton figured it all out last year and was just ecstatic for this year and remembered all about it. It's also really fun to have cousins living nearby that we can do these things with! And it was, of course, Quinn's first Halloween!!
Our good friends Liz and Kendrick brought their girls over on Halloween so we could see their costumes!
Shelby was a Biggest Loser Contestant! This is her doing her Last Chance Workout! :) HILARIOUS!


And Auni was a bag lady. I had to get her dirtied up and put some trash in her cart, she was much too clean when they showed up here. ;)
The costumes this year were: monkey, Bumblebee from Transformers, giraffe, and Jessie!


The cutest giraffe in the whole world! :)
TRICK OR TREAT!
Quinn had lots of fun riding around in the stroller, he even fell asleep eventually!




All of the cousins! Dane, Cadon, Alyson, Quinn, Ryan, and Paiton




No comments: