Tabs

Monday, June 18, 2012

Fathers Day Weekend (and then some...)

We had an awesome Father's Day weekend!
Before that, here's a couple older pics I just wanted to share.
When Paiton and I were at the doctor for her ears they had this model and I was showing her what an ear infection is, etc. Her response: 
"Mom! I can see why this kids ear hurts! There's a big, green snail in it!" 
I about died laughing!
Quinn can rock yellow rhinestoned sunglasses like no ones business.
Paiton told me: If I were frozen into an ice cube, I'd look like this: 
Good to know. 
Quinn and his favorite toy in.the.world. Seriously, he can't go anywhere without it. 
The kid and I hit up Settlers park one afternoon:

She's screaming "Wooooo!" in this picture:



Did I mention that Cami and I joined a tennis team? Well we did. And we now own cute skirts to boot. Matt took us out one evening to practice and the kids had a blast!
Our tennis champion:


This weekend Matt had Districts for tennis. His mixed team did well enough to make it to Districts plus he had to work so he had a loooong weekend of tennis. More on that in a bit...
On Friday my mom watched the kids so I could go to work. She took them to the zoo and they  had a blast. Thanks Mom!!!!
Paiton dressed herself in what she deemed zoo appropriate clothes:

And the cutest boy in the world:




Friday night the kids and I went to the Dairy Days parade in Meridian with my parents. I happen to LOVE parades, Matt, not so much! We grew up going to this parade and I think I've only missed a couple in the 20+ years we've lived in Meridian! Mom and I were talking about how when it started we'd just walk over and it was small - mostly the volunteer firemen! Now it's a big one and people go early to get seats! (Thanks Dad!!) It was Quinn's first parade I believe! 



 Paiton loved waving at everyone, and being waved at back!

  
 Getting candy! She got TONS! Everyone around us kept saying she was so cute, and so tiny, and they kept giving her their candy. Then the people throwing candy would walk up to her and hand her handfuls and tell her how cute she was! It was hilarious b/c she ended up with a huge bag of candy!
 The "Up" house! 


On Saturday morning we ran a couple errands, and then after naps the kids and I headed to the Cherry Festival in Emmett! I've always wanted to go but never have. Matt had to work and play tennis so he would out of the house by 6:30 that morning.
We had a total blast and I have pictures on my real camera of our day that I'll share later!
Quinn went on his very first (and very sketchy) carnival ride! The very nice (and very sketchy) guy working it didn't charge us and let me go with both kids so that I didn't have to leave Quinn in the stroller to get Paiton on. It was pretty fun!
Then Paiton requested a ride on the "Marry Go Around"!
The cherries we got Daddy!
On our way home we had to stop at Winco for groceries. They had a cake decorating station set up where you could buy a cake and have the kids decorate it for Daddy. Paiton was SO excited and said "My daddy would just love that! Do you have chocolate?" ;) So of course I couldn't say no! 


Father's Day morning at 6:30 am Paiton looked outside, saw the sprinklers on, and said "I think I'll go run in the sprinklers, can you get my bathing suit?" I said "It's pretty cold out this morning Paiton." She said "Hmm...Ok, you're right. I'll just go in my jammies!" And out the back door she ran and into the sprinklers!

Why are naked babies so cute!? 
Father's Day morning Matt made a run to Dutch for coffee and I made breakfast. We tried hash browns in the waffle iron (thanks Pinterest) and they were delish! We also had Applewood Smoked bacon. Yum! 
After that Matt had to head off to tennis. The kids and I followed shortly after and watched his first match of the day. He did great!! He was gone most of the day playing and his team ended up finishing 2nd! Matt did great and if one of the other players on his team would have won that morning instead of losing, they would have made it to Regionals in Boulder!! Dang, we were hoping for a reason to go on a trip! 
Good job Matt, you rock! 
When he came home he had a bouquet of flowers for me!! SO sweet of him to bring ME flowers on Father's Day! Love that man!  
That evening everyone from my family came over and we bbq'd and had dessert. It was fun and I hope all the Dad's had a good day. (We are celebrating with Matt's family tonight! We didn't know how long tennis would go, etc., so had to postpone part of Father's Day!)
Love these kids to the moon and back:

We have had a long time tradition of going to a couple car shows Father's Day weekend - one in Nampa that Matt's dad has been putting his car in the last couple years, and the Father's Day one in Boise. We were sad to not be able to go this year!

Here is what we made Matt for Father's Day (thanks, Pinterest)
A picture frame for Matt's desk of the kids holding letters to spell "Dada" (What Quinn calls Matt)
 From the mouths of babes:
Happy Father's Day to Matt, my dad, my father in law, my Grandpa, my Poppy, my brother, my brother in law, all my uncles, and anyone who I may have forgotten. :) We love and appreciate you all. I'm so glad my kids have their dad. He's so fun and a great, patient daddy. He is definitely far more patient with them than I am and I so appreciate that quality in him. They love him so much and Paiton asks all day long when Daddy will be home from work. We love you Matt, I wouldn't want to be on this journey with anyone else!
And...
 Quinn's new favorite past time is getting into stuff he shouldn't:
 Paiton stole Daddy's glasses!



No comments: