Tabs

Monday, June 14, 2010

19 months and swimming!

On Sunday Paiton turned 19 months old!! Happy birthday baby girl!! You're getting SO big I can't even believe it!!
I have a bunch of pictures to share!
This weekend the weather was actually nice! Yay! Friday night Mom and I took Paiton to a clogging show here in Nampa! Since I clogged for about 8 or 10 years I thought it would be fun to go watch and I had hoped Paiton would like it. She did! Every time a dance was over she would turn around and say to us "More dance! More dance!" It was fun!
Saturday we headed to Roaring Springs for the first time this year. The car said it was only 72 out but the sun was out and we were desperate for sun and water fun! So we did it! We just stayed in the kiddie pool. Paiton and Cadon had a ton of fun swimming. Paiton is such a little fish. She just wanted to be swimming like a big kid and never come out! It was very cute.







We had to take a break and have a snack:

And a nap!
Playing peek a boo with Papa!
Saturday night was a BIG night for us! Nana and Papa watched Paiton ALL NIGHT!! Matt and I went to dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory (my very favorite). Then we went to a really cool ice cream place called Sub Zero. You basically make your own ice cream! You pick the kind of cream you want, the flavor of the ice cream, and what mix ins you want and then they blast it with liquid nitrogen to freeze it! A huge cloud of freezing steam comes out and it's so cool! It was a lot of fun. I had fudge chocolate ice cream with dark chocolate chips and cookie dough! Yum!! Then we headed to the movies to see Iron Man 2. By the time it got over Paiton was asleep and Nana was heading to bed! We headed home and crossed our fingers Paiton would be good during the night!
In the morning I got a text from Mom that the night was successful and Paiton was a good girl! I also got this picture from Dad:
She was up and eating pancakes with Nana and Papa! Thanks Mom and Dad SO much for watching her! We had such a fun night and it was nice to not have to worry about her!!!! We love you!!
Sunday we got to Mom and Dads to see our girl! Yay!! We missed her SO much! We took her pool over and invited the cousins to come swim!
She has a little Dora doll that has a bathing suit on, so she went swimming too!
There's nothing like eating a soggy chip in the pool!
Matt, The Lifeguard :)
Snuggling with Titi
And some funny stories about our big 19 month old!
~She loves to pop bubble gum bubbles. If I have gum she wants me to blow a bubble so she can pop it! She'll say "bubble mommy!"
~At Mom and Dad's she had Toy Story on the TV (of course!) and Dad went to see what else was on. She ran out to him and stood in front of him and said "No Papa! Don't change it!" Hahaha!
~She always wants to ride in Matt's car for some reason. We'll get out to the garage and she'll start saying "Dada car!" over and over and when I put her in my car she cries! I have no idea why! We bought this nice, new car for her and she only wants Dada's!
~She LOVES Jessie from Toy Story. I promised her I'd buy her the Jessie doll to go with her Woody and Buzz and after I got paid I told Matt we had to go to the store. He asked why and Paiton responded "Jessie baby!" She remembered! Well Jessie came with a cowboy hat that can be taken on and off. Paiton insists that she always have the hate. The other day I was putting her in her bed for a nap and she wanted me to go get Woody and Jessie. I came back down and handed them to her and she started crying and said "Uh oh Mommy." I said "What?" She pointed to Jessie and said "Jessie's hat!" and just cried and cried. I had grabbed Jessie, but not the hat!
Needless to say we keep a close eye on that hat :)
~She is seriously the politest one year old I've ever met. She says "please" when she asks for something and she ALWAYS says "thank you". She says thank you after each individual fruit snack we give her even! She is very good about that! Yesterday Nana handed her a bag and she said "Thank you Nana!" She is also very good and saying "Welcome!"
~We have entered the Terrible Two's a bit early I'm afraid. She has decided that hitting is a good way to show her anger. She will hit us or anything that might be near her that she thinks will affect us! We have started time outs with her and it's very sad, but seems to work!
That's all for now!

No comments: