Tabs

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Update

We really haven't been up to much...
This is Matt's first week out of school. He doesn't have to go back until mid-August.
This weekend we had a bonfire at Mom and Dad's, quite typical for summer! Cadon was sick and slowly since then everyone else has been getting it too! It's just a bad cold, runny nose, sore throat, body aches, the works!
Paiton has it the worst out of the 3 of us right now. She has such a bad runny nose and I think her throat is hurting because she keeps sticking her tongue out and saying "Owie". So sad! :(
Today we were in the car and her nose was running so bad. I looked back and saw her purposely smear her hands through the snot and then proceed to rub it in all over her face. Matt said it's called the Mucous Facial, apparently it's all the rage in Europe! :)
Paiton and I have been feeling so bad the last couple days all I have to show for it is this one sad picture:
We finally got dressed around 4 pm yesterday to go to the store. Then we just let her sleep in those clothes. Figured they were as good (and clean) as jammies!
She is still taking good naps in her big girl bed:
And of course Howdy (what she calls Woody) and Buzz must join her. She also has recently decided she loves Jessie from Toy Story. I made her a promise that we'd get her the Jessie doll that Target has after I got paid. And she remembered! Today when I told Matt we needed to go to Target because I had something I needed to get Pai he said "What is it?" and Paiton answered "Jessie!" So cute!
We tried having Paiton sleep in her bed at night, and she woke up around 11:30 and didn't make a peep. I just happened to check on her (called it Mommy Intuition) and found her standing in the middle of the room. This worries me because I don't want her trying to navigate the stairs in the dark or something. So until I get a baby gate or something for her door she's only in there for naps!
She still loves to color and now she loves chalk! She had a lot of fun coloring on the driveway with me with chalk one day when it was nice. (Those nice days are FEW and FAR between here this summer!)
She also has this chalkmat that she likes to draw on:
She can feed herself like a big girl:

And wear her hair in a big girl ponytail:
She is growing up right before our very eyes. Literally. She loves her cousins and DAILY asks "Go see Ry Ry? Go see Cadon?" She also frequently asks for her Nana! Matt shows her our wedding pictures and she can identify everyone, which we think is pretty good since they're 3 years old! She can name: Mommy, Daddy, Nana, Papa, Titi, B, CaCa (Carissa), Abba, Baby Cadon, Grandpa, and Grandma. She is so smart!
Today we drove past a poster for the new Shrek movie and she pointed to it and said "Shrek!" We are not sure how she knows that since she's never seen a Shrek movie, we don't even own any!
We love this girl and all her shenanigans!! :)

No comments: