Tabs

Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Fun!

Alright so apparently I turned into a slacker blogger! I'm sorry!
I will try to catch up on what's been going on!
Paiton has been a busy girl!
She has been eating bananas in the bathtub:

And playing at Monkey Bizness!

Last weekend we did our annual apple picking!! It is SO much fun and we look forward to it every year! We go to an orchard (or a couple) out in Emmett. The weather was really nice and there were plenty of apples! Last year we went too late and had trouble finding any!
The babies loved playing in the pumpkin cut outs!
Paiton LOVED eating the apples! She ate so many! Her and Cadon were on a mission to find "baby apples" to eat!


Big boy Cadon picking his own apples!

Yum yum!!!

Someone is getting glared at!!
Dad doing tricks with the picker:
Typical Brandon face! He carved his initial into an apple, then stuck it in a tree!
Paiton picking apples!
Love my girl!


Just another happy family picture!! ;)

And my funny Paiton stories for this entry:
~The other day Matt and I wanted kisses from Paiton. Instead of kissing us, she licked us each on the face! When I asked her why she did that she said "Those are spiderman kissies!" We have no idea how she came up with this, but it is hilarious! She frequently gives us spiderman kissies now!!
~She has a couple little freckles on her arms now, and she loves to show us and tell us about her "peckles"!
~She is so sweet and getting sweeter by the day. She will now tell us "I love you too!" or "I love you more!" But my personal favorite is this: sometimes she'll grab your face with both her little hands, put her nose right up to yours, and say "I love you soooo much!" It is THE sweetest thing ever!! Melts my heart every time!
~Paiton (for some odd reason) loves the Stevens Henegar and Brown Mackie college commercials. If she sees one she will say "Look Mommy! College!" The other day we drove past one of their buildings, and sure enough, she saw it and told us "Look! College!" It is seriously so funny!! We are hoping she aims a little higher in 16 years when it's time to go to college!
In other Locke news I need to brag about my husband! Last year he won the grant that he applied for, which everyone already knew. Well we are still getting some benefits from that! They gave him free tickets to the BSU Homecoming game last weekend and we got to go! It was a lot of fun and we even got a free dinner beforehand! Matt and I NEVER go out just the two of us, so it was a really fun night!
But that's not all! Last week he won a Teacher of the Month award! It is put on by a radio station here and people write in and nominate teachers. This was the first month and Matt was the very first winner ever!!! It was awesome! He won some gift cards - McDonalds, Walmart, and a couple others I believe. He also got a gift certificate to our favorite restaurant EVER - Mona Lisa!!! He also won a basket of school supplies for his classroom, and his school got some boxes of paper as well!! Which is awesome, because of budget cuts they ran out of paper last year! AND his class gets a pizza party this week!! Way to go Matt!!
Matt with the radio station people and his plaque:
At a school assembly last week the radio station came and presented Matt with his awards and read the letter that was written about him! Here are some bad pictures I took, the gym was dark, and I had to sit far away in the bleachers!

I was hoping to post the letter that was written about him, but I can't find it online anymore. It was very nice! They even talked about Matt on the radio after they had given him the award and commented that "Mr. Locke couldn't have been nicer!"

2 comments:

Carol said...

YAY Matty!! Way to go - but we already know he is Teacher of the Month EVERY month!! Love you Matt!

Derek and Lori said...

Congratulations...again...Matt. We think you are awesome as well. You definitely have a special gift for working with those kids. Thanks for what you do. People that don't have special kids cannot understand how difficult your job is. We love you and are so proud of you. Keep up the GREAT work!!