Tabs

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Good news!!!


We have been trying to keep busy around here and do some fun things! I have a ton of pictures to upload, but I'll do it in sections so it's not too overwhelming! :)
Last week Paiton and I went to Bounce with cousins Amy, Dane, and Alyson.
Paiton loves Bounce and had a lot of fun!
She preferred going down the slides backwards, silly girl!




Our little princess gets just about anything she wants, which includes telling us how she'd like to sit, which one morning was this way:
Matt saw this onesie at Albertsons and though Paiton needed it! Even cheerleaders need naps!
Paiton is such a good girl, and so loving and sweet, however lately she has been testing her boundaries by saying things she knows she's not allowed to. Her favorites are "zip it" (which is hilarious, but totally not appropriate to say to Mommy and Daddy), and "shut up". They get her a time out every time, but sometimes she just seems to not be able to resist!
We have always done time outs with Paiton and they work wonders! She knows what is expected of her and if we tell her she gets a time out she sits nicely (usually crying though) in her time out corner until her time is up, then she gives kissies and says "sorry" and it's over with.
Yesterday was a big day for Paiton. A year ago she had her first VCUG, which showed the kidney reflux she had that caused bladder and kidney infections. Every day since then she has had to take a preventative antibiotic, and when she gets a fever it's a big worry. Yesterday was her follow up VCUG. Two things could have happened: she could have outgrown the reflux and that would be the end of it, or she wouldn't have outgrown it and would have to have surgery to correct it. And....she outgrew it!!!!!!! YAY!!! That was huge news for us and such a relief!
Matt wasn't able to go yesterday because it was during school and basketball practice. We found out I wasn't going to be able to be in the room during the actual procedure because I am pregnant and it's a series of x-rays. So Nannie agreed to go and help me out! We are so glad she did! She helped calm Paiton down and also helped with the yucky part of holding her down while they do the test!
When we got there they said that Paiton was old enough to have sedation if we thought it would help. I decided to go for it. She knew why we were there (having 8 catheters in the course of a year makes her completely weary of doctors) and she kept telling Mom and I "Doctors hurt me!" It was sooo heartbreaking! So we agreed to sedation and she was taken to a room. We undressed her and put her in a gown ("Pretty dress") and got her weighed, all of which was met with terror and screaming from P. She weighed 23 pounds and was given some medicine to relax her, Versed. The nurse commented that she doesn't usually give kids the full amount, but she could tell Pai would need it! We then waited awhile for it to take effect. She did calm down and got pretty loopy! It was hilarious! Nannie was sitting on a chair next to Paiton's bed and she kept telling her "Out of the chair Nannie! Sit on the floor now!" It was so funny! She also would just stare off into space and go between laughing and crying. The funniest part was that she moved in slow motion! Everything she did was soooo slow!
Just after her medicine:
Finally it was time to go to the xray room. We got to go for a ride on the bed!! We got there and they got a catheter in pretty quick, thank goodness! They did good at blowing bubbles and putting a movie of kittens and puppies on the ceiling to try and keep her interest. Then I had to leave while they did the xrays, which was pretty quick. When I came back in her catheter was out and she was ready to go! The radiologist told us that he did 3 tests and didn't see any reflux!! Wooohoooo!!!
She got a popsicle and a wagon ride out of the hospital! She thought that was really cool!

I definitely expected her to fall asleep in the car on the way home, but she didn't!! She just kept doing silly things. She was sucking on her toes and saying "I'm so funny!" She cracked me up!
Then we got home and told Daddy all about how everything went. We thought the good news deserved a celebration dinner so we took a still drugged up Paiton to Red Robin. While we were there she turned to the booth behind us, grinned, and tickled the man sitting behind us! Luckily he just laughed and said he has plenty of grandkids and she must have known he was a Papa! Crazy girl!!
In baby news, there's not much to report! I had a pretty rough weekend being ridiculously sick, I will definitely be happy when the first trimester is finally over, which still seems so far away! :( I am still taking my nausea medicines, which sometimes work, and sometimes don't! You just never know!! My mom came over on Friday to help with Paiton because I was so so sick, and that night Matt took her to Brandon's to play with the boys so I could rest. Sunday was more of the same, just hanging out at home because I couldn't do much! Saturday we went to Paiton's friends birthday party, and I will post those pictures soon!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Not very fun for Nannie to have to make Paiton lay there screaming and looking at me asking to hold me with tears running down her face! Poor baby! She was a trooper though and now shes all done!! YAY!!!!