I kept forgetting to mention the plague that struck our fish tank, it was like a massacre. In 24 hours all 5 of Paiton's Christmas fish died! 3 of them in a span of 2 hours! It was a sad day. I covered the tank and when Paiton asked to see or feed them I told her they were sleeping. What else do you say to a two year old?
Last week I took her to Petsmart to figure out what could have gone wrong and to get new fish. The lady informed that a: Walmart sells diseased fish that die really quickly and b: the guy who sold them to me at Walmart had not a clue what he was talking about {which I suspected when he (at around age 55 I would guess) asked me (age 27) "You look really familiar....did we go to high school together?" I'm gonna say no buddy, unless it took you a good 30 years to graduate....} Anyway, this girl was very sweet and even kept spelling the word d-i-e-d so Paiton wouldn't hear what happened to her fish. Then I pulled my own creepy-guy-from-Walmart stunt when she told me she was in college and I asked "Where?" followed by "I just got out of college." When she asked me where I had gone and when I had graduated and I realized that that was an entire 5+ years ago I just muttered "Whatever, nevermind." and proceeded with the fish conversation. The man at Walmart had assured me that I needed at least 5 fish in the little tank I had bought for them to do well, so 5 fish I bought. This gal told me that for each fish you need about a gallon of water and that the reason they all died was because there were just too many and it got too contaminated. Her suggestion - one Beta fish and one frog. She said that they live well together and my tank was a good size for that combo. Once Paiton heard "frog" she was set on getting one. We went about picking out her Beta - a pretty blue and red one, while the girl got us our frog. She also got us a couple little ghost shrimp. She said that the shrimp are just fun to watch, but also warned me that our frog might eat them eventually.
We got home that day and got everything settled and our new pets moved into their new home. Paiton is in love with her frog, I really hope he stays alive. She named him Flynn Rider Frog - from the movie Tangled. She either refers to him as Flynn Rider Frog or "my Tangled frog". The fish's name changes but recently it has been Baby Dora. Too funny, love this girl. So far we are doing good and I hope that nothing bad happens to either of these! Although I should mention that last night Matt and I realized that both shrimp are gone, so apparently Flynn Rider Frog did get a little hungry and have himself a fancier dinner than we! :) I am kind of sad, I really liked those little shrimp!! Well, wish us luck with our 6th fish and frog!
Onto the next, how cute is this little girl!? So cute it's a good thing we're having a boy because there's no way we could top this in girl form!!

Also we have big news to share!!! (No, I'm not pregnant!! Oh wait....Ok news that's semi-big, but not pregnant-big!)
Paiton slept in her "cool bed" in her big girl room last night!!! Since we have moved here she has been sleeping in her bed in our room so that she could get used to the house and her bed. She has slept with us since birth and now that Quinn is on his way we had to evict her :)
I started last week with getting her and Quinn's stuff set up and moved around to how I wanted it. She has loved playing in her room since we moved here. I think she thinks it's pretty special. At our old house she did have her own room, but since the layout of our house was weird her room was downstairs while everything else was upstairs and so she never got to play in it. So we encouraged her to play in it as much as possible so that she would be used to it. I had planned on moving her bed in there this weekend, but yesterday morning she beat me to the punch. She told me she wanted to jump on her cool bed in her room. I asked if she wanted us to move it out of our room and her response was "Yeah!!!!" so I told Matt we better just do this while she thinks it's a good idea and we did. We had to unscrew the headboard of her bed to get it through her doorway, but in it went! She had fun reading on it and, of course, jumping on it!
At nap time she went right in there, crawled in bed, and took a nap! I was less hopeful for bed time though and figured the demands that we move it back to our room would start. It didn't though! I put her in bed and although it did take a couple hours for her to fall asleep, Matt and I took turns sitting with her and eventually she did fall asleep. She woke up once at about 11 and asked for a drink of water, then immediately went back to sleep and didn't wake up again until 5:30 this morning! I had told her last night that if she slept like a big girl she could watch her Tinkerbell movie this morning, so when I heard her at 5:30 I went in and she sat up and said "I slept! Now I can watch Tinkerbell!" I took her to bed with me and we snuggled. I told her that she needed to sleep some more and then when she woke up again I would make waffles, chocolate milk, and we would watch Tinkerbell. She said "That would be perfect!" and mine and Matt's heart melted to pieces! :)
Here are a couple pictures of her right before getting her jammies on, reading in her bed:
Such a sweetie!! (and yes, we're still wearing the crown!!)
And a couple funny Paiton sayings, as always!
-We were riding in the car the other day and Matt was doing something that Paiton thought was funny. She said "That daddy, he's a crazy guy!" haha! "Crazy" is her new word for everything that happens that she thinks is funny or weird. "My crazy sockie fell off!" "That crazy frog!" "Crazy Keilah ate my food!" We crack up every time!
-We were riding in the car the other day and Matt was doing something that Paiton thought was funny. She said "That daddy, he's a crazy guy!" haha! "Crazy" is her new word for everything that happens that she thinks is funny or weird. "My crazy sockie fell off!" "That crazy frog!" "Crazy Keilah ate my food!" We crack up every time!
-The other night we went to Flying Pie with our friends (who else, the Lesters!) and Paiton heard someone use the word "ridiculous" and now she loves to say it. "Ridiculous" and "hilarious" are two of my favorites that she uses!
-There was another really funny story, but now I can't remember it...dang it!!
Well I better go get the waffle iron heated up so that when sleepy head finally decides to get up I can make sure her "perfect" morning has started! :)





1 comment:
Yeah for big girl Paiton. I hope she had a perfect morning. That breakfast sounds like a Caydence favorite ;)
Post a Comment