Tabs

Monday, January 24, 2011

Otitis Media and Conjunctivitis x2


Poor Paiton is all I can say!!
On Saturday night she was crying and crying for hours and just super whiny and clingy but wouldn't tell me what was wrong. Finally I got her to tell me that her ear was hurting and that I needed to "kiss it better!" :( After I got her doped up on Tylenol and Motrin she finally got some sleep. Sunday morning while I was brushing her teeth I noticed she was getting a 2 year molar on that side, so I attributed the ear pain to that. She continued complaining of her ear hurting throughout the day.
Sunday we were at our friends house and Liz and I kept wiping Paiton's eyes because they were really runny and goopy. Then we noticed they were turning red....uh oh! Sunday night Paiton and I "slept" on the couch. {Not really slept, but spent the night on the couch} She woke up a few times with her eyes gooped shut and she would say "My eyes are stuck shut! I can't see you!" It was SO sad! I called the doctor first thing this morning and took her in. One ear infection and 2 cases of pink eye were confirmed! Poor girl! We headed to Target and got her Amoxicillin. When I got her home it was a battle to get her to take it - crazy kid, I would chug it out of the bottle if I could, it's delicious! ;)
Here is a picture of my pitiful (but still happy) girl this morning as we headed to the doctor:
Even when she's sick she's still the biggest sweetheart. Always telling me she loves me and being so caring. Love this girl.
I tried to get a picture of her sad, red eyes, but she covered them up and said "They hurt Mama!"
So hopefully she will be feeling better asap and her eyes will feel better and not stuck shut anymore! :(
And because I just can't wait, here is a sneak peak of my latest project. Liz's dad so generously cut out some shelves and owls and hedgehogs to go on them that Liz and I designed for the kids room. Last night we started painting and decorating the owls and hedgehogs. I can't even tell you how cute these are in person. Once they are done I will get good pictures taken, but here are the animals almost all done:
So cute I can't even stand it!!! :)

1 comment:

Joe, Riki, and Caydence said...

Poor baby giver her big kisses from the Arellanos. On the flip side her room is going to be soo cute.