Matt was able to get off of work early to take me and I was really glad. I wasn't worried or anything, but it's always nice to have him there.
Paiton got to help Dr. Jones again, she got to help measure my belly, take my blood pressure, and find Quinn's heartbeat. She LOVES to help and Dr. Jones always comments on how smart Paiton is. Yesterday she laughed that Paiton was jumping up and down and keeping rhythm to Quinn's heartbeat as we were hearing it. She said that Paiton is so smart she is going to be a brain surgeon someday :) Well, we already knew that!!
Quinn's heartrate was good, 140-145. Dr. Jones told me that if the pain had continued to yesterday she would have sent me to the hospital, so we're really glad it ended during the night!! I got the yucky glucose testing drink that I need to drink before my next appt - yuck! It is really sweet, and orange flavor, which is about the worst flavor you can give me and expect me to drink. I am not looking forward to that or the blood draw that follows! Next appointment I also start getting my Rhogam shots because of my blood type being dumb and interfering with baby's! They hurt, so really, I'm dreading my next appointment!
Other than that everything looked good. They gave me the information packet on registering for the hospital, but I actually want to deliver at a different hospital than my doctor usually does. Since I don't have any insurance this is 100% out of pocket for us and after talking with both hospitals it seems a different one is going to be easier to work with money-wise, so I'm hoping to deliver there. After talking to Dr. Jones about it yesterday she said that she would be willing to deliver Quinn there, but that she'd probably want to induce me. That makes me a little nervous and I think she could tell. I don't like the idea of being induced and I especially hate the idea of being induced early unless it's absolutely medically necessary. I believe babies will come when they are ready and doing it early just because mom wants to is incredibly selfish. So that kind of worried me, but she did say we would tentatively schedule it for my due date, May 11. If I am looking like I may have him early, she will move it up. But inducing me ensures that she will be there to deliver him instead of her being stuck at the other hospital, since that's where all of her other patients will be. So, we will see what happens. The OCD side of me wanted to ask if we could wait and induce after my due date so he could be born on May 13 instead, but I didn't. I just think it would be really neat if Paiton and Quinn were EXACTLY 2 years 6 months to the day apart. Matt vetoed that in the car later when he pointed out that May 13 is a Friday and having the baby on Friday the 13th could potentially curse him for life...he has a point :)
In news about our other child, I got off track making her sleep in her own bed the last few nights. She was sick and I wanted her near me, then I was sick and I wanted her near me ;) so she has been sleeping with us. Last night I put her back in her own bed AND....she is STILL in there! It's now 7:30 am! She had been doing pretty poorly sleeping prior to being sick - waking up so many times by 1:30 am that I would finally take her to bed with me so as not to have to climb out of bed to go comfort her again. Last night she cried out in her sleep a couple times, but didn't actually wake up, and is still in there snoozing away!! I'm so proud of her! What a big girl! Although I did wake up missing her like crazy and it's taking everything in me not to run in there and snuggle her! :) Good job Miss P!!





1 comment:
Let me just say good job mom for letting her stay in her bed! I know you wanted to snuggle her, but it is so good for her to have a good experience and wake up in her bed without having a night terror.
Your a great mama and will be so glad she is in her own bed when Quinn gets here.
Your bed is really going to shrink then!..
Love you
Post a Comment