Tabs

Friday, July 17, 2009

Whose Toes Are Those?

Matt and I like to play a game with Pai that we call "Whose Toes Are Those?" We show Paiton her toes and then we eat them! It makes her giggle and she usually ends up sucking on those cute toes as well. Tonight I decided to paint those little piggies! Look how precious:

It is so fun to have a baby girl. It sounds so cliche but I really do feel like Paiton is the whole reason I'm here. She is my best friend and there is never a minute I'm without her. She comes to work with me, hangs out with me all day, watches movies with me at night, snuggles with me in bed. She is my constant companion and I don't know what I did before her. There are times I get frustrated, sometimes too easily I know. There are times she starts crying and I don't know why and I hand her off to Matt so I can breathe for a couple minutes before tackling the crying baby again. But every second that she's not near me I wish she was. Even if she's just across the room. I just read somewhere that although it's frustrating to have a screaming baby, poopy diapers, dirty clothes, and toys on the floor, one day none of that will be here and it will be greatly missed. I truly believe that. She has already grown too fast so for now I will take the moments of screaming because the second she smiles at me, laughs, waves at me, sticks her tongue out, and copies Matt's monkey noise nothing else matters. She can erase 4 hours of screaming with one two toothed smile. Here's to many more "girls nights" of baths together, toe nail painting, watching movies, and snuggling in bed. I love you Paiton, my little BFF. I am the luckiest mom in the world. Hands down.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

OH my gosh, this was so beautiful. Wow, I wish I could see you as a Mom. Thanks for being such a good example, you actually make the job look like fun. Congrats on your beautiful baby girl and wonderful life. You deserve it! Miss you!