I am still busy chasing a one year old while trying to work all day! It is exhausting! I remember how easy I thought working from home would be and it makes me laugh, it is much harder than working out of the home! I don't think you know that until you try it though! But I wouldn't change it for anything because there is no way I could part with Paiton on a daily basis! As my mom says, we're addicted to each other! :)
I don't even have any pictures to share except this one:
Paiton was giving her baby loves in the car. So sweet!
I have mostly been doing videos of her lately. Which I have tried uploading several times and it just isn't working for some reason. I never had problems in the past. I will try again and see what happens.
Paiton is still practicing her walking! Her record now is 8 little steps! She won't walk unless we are trying to get her to, like bribing her with a toy or her binky! But she is doing great and once she gets a little more steady on her feet I don't think we'll see much of her, she'll be too busy running around!
Of course I have some funny Paiton-isms to share!
~As I am sure most of you know or could have guessed, Cadon turns everything he plays with into a gun. He is constantly shooting monsters (like "Pete", the monster he says lives in Mom's house). Well one night when we were over there Paiton picked up Cadon's golf club gun and started saying "Boom Boom!" I thought Grrrreat. Now my one year old GIRL is shooting fake guns! Now she points her finger and says "Boom Boom!" It is a crack up, I have to admit. Like her Nana said, When she is constantly playing with her boy cousins, she's going to do things like that, just like I did!
~Cameron and I love the musical Bye Bye Birdie. We like to sing the song to it too. Apparently we have been singing it quite a lot because one night Paiton sang from her high chair "Bye Bye Bird!" It was hilarious! Mom, Cami, and I were cracking up! She kept doing it. I have a video of it I'll try to get up. I love when she sings!
~Cami is always desperately trying to get Paiton to say Titi. Paiton refuses, I think because she knows it bothers Cameron and she LOVES to annoy her. Well just to spite her Titi one day Rykley said "Hi Paiton!" and Paiton replied "Hi Rykley!" There were many witnesses to this and now we won't let Cami forget it!
~As I have shared many times before Paiton is SUCH a girly girl. The other day she kept brushing her hair out of her eyes. Then she found one of her pony tail holders on the floor and brought it over to me and put it on her head, like she wanted me to put it in. So I put her hair in a pony tail and she was happy! She also likes to bring us headbands to put on her. Then she will smile and turn her head slowly like she is showing off and she will wait for us to say "You're so pretty!" Then she just grins! Silly girl!
~The other day I realized I should probably be letting her try to feed herself. So I put some food on her fork and handed it to her, thinking it would be messy and take awhile for her to figure out. Nope. She stuck that fork right in her mouth and gave it back to me to put more food on! Smarty pants!
~She does this really, really funny thing now that Matt taught her. We will say "Paiton, does your belly talk?" and she will lift up her shirt and squeeze her tummy while we make it talk by saying "I'm hungry!" It's funny. I also have a video of that I will try to get on!
Lastly, I have tried desperately to get Thank You cards out for Christmas, but just have had no time to get it done. So here it is - THANK YOU EVERYONE!! We had a wonderful Christmas and each of us was spoiled rotten, especially Paiton! Please accept this as a thank you from the Locke family, we really do appreciate all that everyone did and does for us!
This is the video of Paiton's tummy talking. Sorry it's so dark. It was night, obviously :)
~





No comments:
Post a Comment