Yay!! Yesterday was my baby shower and it was SO fun!!! It was one of those things where it didn't feel like it would ever get here! I was so excited and anxious for it! I have been feeling like I have nothing for Quinn, no clothes, no blankets, no toys, nothing!! Well, as you will see, that all changed pretty dramatically! We were definitely SPOILED!
To begin, Paiton has still been pretty sick since she got Croup last week. Sunday she woke up and seemed to be doing better, so I got her in her baby shower shirt and her doctor said once her fever was gone she wouldn't be contagious anymore. She didn't have a fever all day so I was glad!
She was really tired though, still, from not sleeping much the past few nights and took an early nap before the shower:
She was really tired though, still, from not sleeping much the past few nights and took an early nap before the shower:
You can see that she still wasn't feeling great, but she desperately wanted to go help open Quinn's presents and eat "birthday cake". :)
The shower was at Grandma Riggs' house (isn't it always!?) and it looked so cute!
Cute cake table and CUTE cake!!
Yummy drinks
Yummy food
Luckily before I left the house to go I thought of grabbing Paiton's car DVD player so that she could lay and watch a movie if she wasn't feeling good. Good thing, because it was a huge hit to all the toddlers!
And even Titi! (Ok maybe she got roped into by a persuasive 2 year old...)
Paiton's cousin Kylie, Paiton, and her friend Charlett
Playing games:
Frankie got in on the movie action too!
I will try not to bore you with too many pictures but here are some where I'm not making a ridiculous face (there weren't many...)
Super cute diaper bag from Rheayn! I will have to get a better picture, but it has an owl on it!!
A "Q" with hedgehogs on it that my friend Jacy painted. She made Paiton a "P" with owls on it!
LOTS of people thought of Paiton and brought her presents too. It was VERY kind and melted my heart. She felt very special!
In her new fancy shoes from Ema
Quinn's swing!! Hooray!!
Super cute hedgehog onesie from my mom!
More presents
Paiton and her only girl cousin, Kylie, snuggling watching a movie. They are so sweet together. Kylie always wants to hold Paiton's hand and Paiton is constantly trying to make out with Ky :)
My BFF Kim and I and probably our last belly picture! She is having her baby, Graidy, a week from today! She is 38.5 weeks, I am 35.5.
Our newest nephew Ethan (1 month old) and Stacie and I
Matt wanted some baby loves too
Me with the hostesses - my mom and my cousin Amy. Love them both so much.
I am sad that I didn't get a picture with my Grandma, and also I didn't get one with Matt and Paiton! :(
This picture doesn't do it justice since all you can see are the big boxes, but our van was LOADED with stuff:
It overflowed into the front row with Paiton!
We were so completely, totally, undeniably spoiled rotten. We got TONS of clothes, blankets, Quinn got his customary quilt from Aunt Lisa, baby bathtub, baby diaper trashcan, hamper, activity mat, swing, diaper bag, toys, diapers, wipes, a carseat canopy, carseat zoombie, and TONS of other stuff. I can't even say thank you enough to everyone who came to celebrate with me and gave us amazing gifts. I hope everyone knows how truly appreciative we are of the amazing friends and family we have.
Last night when we got home Kotah went into one of the dogs new favorite nap places, Paiton's princess castle, and Paiton just had to join him:
We were definitely worn out and ready for bed!! Now I need to get brave enough to start sorting through clothes, washing them, and getting their room put together. Right now you can't even walk into it, it's so full of presents and diapers!!!! Um....MOM!?! HELP!?! ;)





1 comment:
Looks like fun! I'm glad you got most of your needs, that is always a huge help :). I love the cake it was adorable.
Post a Comment