No really, check out the pregnancy ticker at the top of the blog. Quinn is the size of a watermelon. So that pretty much sums up how I'm feeling into my 37th week of pregnancy #2. Didn't much care for pregnancy #1, not so much caring for pregnancy #2. Until a couple weeks ago it was bearable because I kept reminding myself at least I wasn't in the hospital with kidney stones and premature labor this time! Right now, with this attitude filled 2 year old and watermelon in my ribs there are times I think "Man if I were in the hospital, it would be a loooot more peaceful..." ;)
And because I know you can't stand it one more second, here I am in all my 37 week GINORMOUS glory:
At my 37 week check up Dr. Jones informed me I am still 50% effaced, 1/2 cm dilated. When I was near the end of my pregnancy with Paiton she guessed how big she would be. She guess 7 lb. 4 oz. and Paiton was 7 lb. 3 oz. I thought it would be fun to have her guess Quinn's weight. WRONG. She guessed that right now he's over 7lbs and would be over 9 at birth, and if I didn't have an induction scheduled a week early that he'd be over 10lb. Don't tell a 5 foot tall pregnant girl that she's got a monster child growing in her uterus, it clearly led to tears. She said that I have a ton of fluid like I did with P (they had to break my water twice), but that he feels really big. She must have known (maybe the tears gave it away) that I was having a nervous break down at the thought of #1 birthing a 9 + pound baby, and #2 the cost of having to have a c-section with no insurance when said baby gets stuck, because I got a call later saying that they might want to do an ultrasound to see how big he really is in case my induction date needs to be moved up. I was supposed to hear by 11 am this morning. It's now 4 pm, we don't want to rush these things.
In other news, Paiton is cute!!
She has been doing lots of things that crack us up, including randomly demanding that I take her picture.
"Mom, take my picture with Dora in my big girl panties."
She loves this outdoor BBQ/Bistro that Grandpa Chris and Grandma Kathy got for the girls:
Enjoying a steak
She has started loving to go through rocks and find the "pretty" ones
In her VERY cute strawberry outfit from Grandma Kathy. And of course, her skinny jeans from Aunt Lori. I still love when she asks to wear her skinny jeans. :)
Sorry for the terrible pictures. I think my little camera hates me. It refuses to focus.
One of her "poses"
Swimming lessons are still going well, she is convinced she can swim. She is very good at kicking but doesn't have the arms yet.
"Let me pose and take another one!" (And wow, what a pose this is. Holy Moly.)
We enjoyed a trip to the zoo with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Stacie, Kylie and Ethan. It was pretty chilly that day, but still fun!
"Take a picture of me eating my popcorn."
Paiton usually likes to feed the goats but this time she was scared.
"You do it Grandpa. I'll watch."
Ethan enjoyed the trip:
It is definitely spring and I definitely have a toddler girl. I am constantly being given dandelions.
Watching the monkeys
She loves to brush her own teeth after I have already brushed them:
Another cute outfit. Apparently the excitement made her go a little cross eyed.





No comments:
Post a Comment