This might be a long post - but remember - I'm printing my blog into books for us and our kids to be able to go back through in the future. :)
Matt and I celebrated our FIVE year anniversary on Saturday, June 23.
I can't believe it's been that long since we had our (mostly) dream wedding.
That day was so fun (besides the Plague that struck the week before, week of, day of, and week after our wedding. Sigh.). We had a blast though -
Earlier in that week Matt and I rented a white 300 limo and took some of our good friends and family out for a night on the town - SUCH a blast!!
The day before our wedding was Matt's birthday, our rehearsal, and our rehearsal dinner with our ENTIRE families at The Milky Way downtown. We are still so sad that this restaurant closed because it was one of our favorites. We ate delicious food, delicious cake, drank too much wine, and hung out with our best friends and our extended families and had a blast.
The day of our wedding my cousin and Maid of Honor, Amy, and I headed out bright and early and did all the normal wedding things with my wedding party - drank Mimosas, got our hair and make up done, and set up things for the wedding!
Just some fun little facts about our wedding -
-It took place on the roof of the CW Moore Plaza. It was a beautiful location over looking downtown Boise. It's urban, hip, and awesome - just like us. ;)
-Kanak Attack catered and we still track them down at Art in the Park every year to eat their food! DELISH!
-Takes the Cake made our cake - and we still find several reasons every year to have her do cakes for us! :) Our flavors were mint chocolate chip, Oreo, and lemon poppy seed with raspberry filling.
-The bridal party walked down the aisle to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's Hawaiin version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, I walked down to the instrumental version of You are Beautiful by James Blunt. Our first dance was to and Matt took my garter off to Pour Some Sugar On Me. :)
-We danced and danced and danced the night away and had SO much fun.
-We spent our wedding night at the Anniversary Inn. The next day we went to my parents house and opened all our gifts with our families! The day after that we headed to Riviera Maya, Mexico for the absolute, most amazingly perfect honeymoon ever where we relaxed, swam with dolphins, got tans, ate way too much food, and drank just as many delicious drinks!
Rewind 9 years ago...
.........
Matt and I met in the Albertson's in Caldwell near my college. He was there with his friend and I was there with mine. We didn't know each other, but I knew his friend (Andrew) and we decided to all hang out later that night. From then on we were mostly inseparable. Matt "wooed" me for a few months - he would come over to my apartment, hang out, etc. We had Trashy Date Night Tuesdays where we'd eat fast food and watch trashy reality TV. Too fun. We officially started dating on December 19, 2003. We moved in together 6 months later and the rest is history. :) He proposed on December 17, 2005. We were married on June 23, 2007.
In our time together we've lived with his parents, in two apartments in the North End, owned a house, and rented two other houses. We have added two dogs and two babies to the family. We now have 3 nephews and a niece. Matt will have watched every one of my siblings graduate high school when Cami graduates next year and has watched them all grow up. I was at his sisters wedding 8 years ago. His family was at my college graduation, and mine at his. We've been through jobs, friends, and so many changes together. It's kind of crazy to type it out and wonder what I would have done through all of that without him. I'm glad to have him to share all those memories with and there's no one I'd rather it be. We still joke about our first Christmas together when a very young Spencer spied on us and caught us kissing goodbye. :)
I tried finding pictures from the night we met, and I can see the box they're in, but it would be a nightmare to get it out! So just trust that we were cute, and YOUNG.
Thanks Matt, for a fun, crazy, unpredictable, and zany 5 married years, and here's to 50 more.
I freaking love us.
Some of my favorite pictures from our wedding:
This is our fish dance - Matt catches me, and is clearly very proud of it.
I have always loved this picture, but right now can't get over how much Cadon looks like Quinn here!
Knew my Daddy would be a ball of emotion during the Father/Daughter dance - so as soon as What A Wonderful World ended, Baby Got Back blasted and we got down!
It's a good thing we found each other - not many people are quite as amazing at dancing as we are. Don't be too jealous. We know we're fabulous. ;)
Mom and Dad dancing to Usher's "Yeah" - my mom's favorite song at the time!
Still one of my favorite pictures - Jake (who married us), Matt, and Andrew - such good friends since their teenage years.
THEN:
NOW:
Again - my twist tie ring, promise ring, engagement ring, and family ring :)
We had a really fun anniversary this year!
Saturday morning we packed up the kids and headed to the Farmers Market for the first time this year. (We're slackers!)
We ate lunch at Brick Oven with our two favorite people - P and Q!
On our way back to trying to track down the car we passed CW Moore - where we got married! Someone else will be sharing our anniversary as a wedding was all set up up there!
After naps, etc., we took the kids to Nana and Papa's and headed out on our date night!
We went to dinner at Murphy's which was SO good. We hadn't been there since before I was pregnant with Paiton, and it was just as delicious as we remembered! Then we really wanted to go see Rock of Ages but it was only playing at 6 and 10 pm! :( So instead we went to Pinz and had a drink and then played around at Boondocks!
As were leaving dinner Matt got these pictures from Papa on his phone:
The kids were having fun and eating whipped cream!
At Boondocks We played a game that we've been playing together for years because it's just so cheesy and fun (and childishly easy - which is what I need, and yet I still manage to die first!)
Then we did batting cages! It was so fun, I LOVE batting cages!
My left handed husband can switch hit!! Such a stud!
Then it was time for mini golf!! Let's just say I lost. By a lot.
Fireball at the end! We both missed this shot, so I had to take a picture of the kid in front of us making it go off, haha!
Thanks for a super fun anniversary Matt, and thanks for watching the kids so we could go out Mom and Dad (and thanks for letting P have a slumber party!) Thanks to everyone for the anniversary wishes, cards, and presents! We feel so loved!! It's so nice to hear family members remember our special day, and so many friends comment on facebook to wish a happy anniversary and just say nice things! It's such a good reminder of who our good and true friends are that care about us and our family! :)


.jpg)






.jpg)
.jpg)



















2 comments:
That's a lot of rings girl! And you guys are still so cute and young. I was just thinking that when I was looking at the pics of your family in the latest post.
I guess I'm signed in as Ben...but this is Lynn :)
Post a Comment