Tabs

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Baby Gabe

There is a family I've been following on Facebook for awhile. To read the full story go here: https://www.facebook.com/HopeForGabesHeart

They are good friends and family of some of our close friends. They had a son who passed away last week. He would have turned 1 yesterday. He was diagnosed with heart problems in utero and had many open heart surgeries in his short life. He also had Downs Syndrome. He fought a tough battle and was in the hospital more than he was not. I can't imagine losing a child, and I don't want to. It broke a lot of people's hearts when he died. To top it off I know the family must have mounds and mounds of medical debt. They also have the cost of transferring his body from out of state, to back here to be buried. Though they have never mentioned the cost, we have some experience of medical bills, and I know it must be quite astounding. I felt compelled to help, so I set up a fundraiser for them. It's through my Scentsy business. I am donating 100% of my profits from everything sold to the family. I get 25% commission on everything and I will be giving it all to them in hopes it helps them a little bit.

If you can, please order through this link:
https://ashleylocke.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy?partyId=100895134

I would really, really appreciate it. Although I don't know them in real life, I know the family will appreciate it as well. They are very kind and generous people. I have only seen posts about how thankful they are to have had almost a year with Gabe, instead of posts complaining. They don't need the added burden of medical bills from a child they no longer have.

Thanks.

No comments: