Phone picture dump time! :)
What we have been up to? Oh boy. Where to start? For the most part, I'll let the pictures do the talking.
We went on a play date with Paiton's friend Hadley from dance class. This is her little sister, a few months younger than Quinn.
Paiton and Hadley
Paiton taking a nakey-nap on the couch :)
Someone loves veggie fries!
Kotah, Quinn, and Paiton snuggling.
One night I ran to Alberton's. Paiton was in her jammies but insisted on going with me. She put on her Cinderella crown and took her wand and told me oh so sweetly "All the people will say 'There goes Cinderella!' and they'll wave at me!" Well, needless to say, that didn't happen and Paiton kept asking "Why aren't the people waving at me? Don't they know who I am?" It made me sad! So then she saw the m&m guy and thought he looked very happy to see her, so she wanted a picture with him! ;)
We enjoyed watching the Olympics around here. Paiton loooved all the gymnastics and even joined in with the rhythmic gymnastics!
One night we had too much fun at Nannie's house and had to take a bath in the sink!
Paiton decided that she needed in on it too!
Cadon, Paiton, Ryan, and Quinn having a drive in movie night at Nana and Papa's! Papa put the projector on the wall and they watched Rio together :) Quinn felt like such a big kid getting to do it too!
What's a drive in movie without popcorn!?
Paiton came with me on a photoshoot one night and apparently was very tired on the way home :)
Right after she woke up one morning, showing me her "sleepy face"
Poor Quinn was through the ringer the last week or so. It started last Thursday night. He woke up screaming and when I went to check on him he was burning up. I discovered our thermometer no longer worked when it kept telling me his temp was 96! Motrin didn't touch it and we spent the night sitting on the couch together. He was SO hot that I was sweating just holding him. I took him to the pediatrician on Friday thinking he had an ear infection, but his ears were fine. She said to watch him over the weekend and if he was still sick Monday she wanted to see him again. Friday I went and stocked up on Motrin and Tylenol and got a new thermometer. Then I waited. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights were more of the same. Every night he had a temp of 103* and higher and Motrin and Tylenol never brought it down. I started putting some cool patches on his forehead to help him cool down. The poor boy was miserable. He wouldn't eat at all. I think he went 3 days without eating solid food. Monday I took him back in to the doctor. His ears were still ok, so the doctor started getting worried he had the same kidney problem Paiton did when she was his age. SO - that led to him getting a catheter. :( It was so sad, but luckily it's much easier to do a catheter on a boy than on a girl. His urine came back negative. The doctor wasn't sure what was wrong with him at all, but at that time he had had a high fever for 5 days and she was kind of worried. She sent us home and told me to call her in the morning with an update of how he was. If he continued having a fever, he'd need to come back for blood work to see if he had a blood infection. Luckily we made it through that night with no wake ups and no fever. It was nice to finally sleep in my bed instead of sitting up all night on the couch with a sad baby. and I'm so glad he got some sleep too. He woke up a bit happier and seemed happier and fever free throughout the day. It continued and he finally seemed to be back on the mend! I felt so bad for him and we were happy to see him back to his cheerful self. Thursday night we thought we might be back to the illness - I took the kids to the water park with my parents, and Quinn was SO fussy the whole time - so unlike him since he's a little fish. Took him home, put him to bed, and headed out for a photoshoot. I came home and he woke up and started crying, I went in to discover he had thrown up all over his bed! :( Luckily that was it and he was fine the rest of the night and has been ok since! Whew!
Here he is as sick baby! :(
Last week I watched my good friend Lisa's daughter, Koby, for three days. She and Paiton are close in age and she is smart like Paiton, so they get along well and have some AWESOME conversations to listen in on! ;)
And this is Briella. She comes to our house on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays while her mom goes to work. She's 6 months old and is taking awhile to warm up to us. She is very attached to me, and doesn't like for me to not be holding her during the day, but she is very sweet! Paiton just loves her and misses her on the days she isn't with us. Quinn also does great with her, I was a bit nervous about that as he's never even been around another baby! This day I walked all 4 kids to the park. She was very happy on the walk, but not happy when we stopped at the park for Paiton and Koby to play! Quinn spends a lot of time staring at her, patting her arm, kissing her leg, and trying to cheer her up. He is THE sweetest soul I've ever met.
The kids and I have made a new tradition of going out to Fuller Park early in the mornings as often as we can. As soon as the kids get up we load up the car and head to the park while it's still cool. There are usually a couple other moms and kids there. It's been really fun to do that consistently and it's been super nice weather early in the mornings! We have lots and lots of fun and I love that time with the babies!
P going down the slide
Me and my boyfriend!
Paiton, Koby and Quinn
Paiton and Koby
Koby and Paiton (and Keilah with a tennis ball in her mouth)
My mom and I went yard saling with the kids on Saturday morning. We scored this sweet tee-pee!! The kids loved playing in it, and I'm beyond excited to do some photoshoots of the kids with it!
Saturday afternoon/evening we went to Matt's parents house for a BBQ and to swim!
Paiton watering Quinn so he'd grow ;)
In true boy form, Quinn loves to play with rocks!
He decided he needed to move to a new spot, but didn't want to have to leave his corn behind!
After dinner and swimming the kids all had ice cream cones. After the melty disaster that ensued, all 4 kids got crammed into the bath together! ;)
This is one of my all time favorite pictures of these kids. I will definitely be printing it!! What else can you possibly need in summer besides cousins and ice cream!?
I guess that's our update for now! I've been having tons of photoshoots lately, which is great and keeps me busy. Matt's been playing a lot of tennis, and I'll start back up in two weeks with my mixed team. We are really looking forward to next week when we get to go on a short vacation! It will be super fun! Matt is playing in the Regionals tennis tournament in Salt Lake City, and my parents are coming with us! We are going to do lots of fun things and I can't wait!!


































1 comment:
So many cute pictures. I especially love the bathing babies in the sink, reminds me of some cuties I used to know ;)
Post a Comment