Tabs

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Photosynthesis

Oh the things that come out of Paiton's mouth.
Matt and I try hard to teach her things constantly. We try to be well educated and want the same for our kids. But it still cracks me up to hear some of these things come back out of her! 
On our car ride to school this morning: 

P: "Mom, do you know why the trees are here?"
Me: "Why?"
P: "For photosynthesis, to make oxygen." 
Me: "Very good P! That's exactly right!" 
P: "I know, my daddy taught me that yesterday on our way to school. Then we practiced saying 'photosynthesis.'" 
Me: "Well I'm very proud of you for remembering! That's very smart!"
P: (paused for a minute): "Are you going to put this story on the blog?" 
Me: "Haha! Probably, why?"
P: "Well, do you want a video of me saying 'photosynthesis' to upload with it?" 

Haha!! This girl just cracks me up, love her! :)

I had been thinking of changing her school days from Tues-Thurs to Mon-Wed. I told her teacher this and she said it was fine. This morning Matt said to me "Is Paiton going to school today?" and I told him no, that I had changed her days. Paiton got upset at the thought of not going to school and told me "But yesterday Miss Carolanne told me 'I'll see you tomorrow!', that means I have to go today so she can see me!"
Needless to say, she had a winning argument and I took her to school. ;) I told Miss Carolanne that story and she said "Well, she's right, I did say that! It's a good thing you brought her!" 

In Quinn news - he started calling Spencer "Abba" last night at my parents house! It was so cute. He's doing SO good at talking. He can mimic anything we say and is learning a new word daily. He will now point to the kitchen and say "apple!" and sign "please" if he wants apple juice! It's so cute to see him learning so much so quickly! Love this boy!!

No comments: