Tabs

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Quinn is TWO! {And then some....}

I don't even know where to begin!
So much has happened! 
Quinn turned TWO. Where did the time go!? 
Here are some pictures from his Bubble Guppies themed birthday party. He LOVES Bubble Guppies! 
In typical two year old form, he wouldn't sit still for pictures.
(Thanks Cami, for taking some of these for me!)











 The drum set from Nana and Papa was a huge hit! Quinn drums all the time, he uses his utensils on the table, etc., drums constantly and everywhere. This gift was so appropriate and he's actually really good!










Before his party we took the kids to the aquarium, which was a huge hit! I wish we could afford year passes, they really loved it! 
GOOD MORNING TWO YEAR OLD!!



 The kids LOVE whipped cream. It would be bad news if we didn't have it in our house!

 After getting dressed we headed out for birthday donuts!

 Then off to the aquarium for the first time!
 Feeding the fish:







 This is what we look like upside down. For whatever reason I can't flip some of these pictures!
 Quinn cries because it's his birthday!



 Paiton was beside herself that she got to meet a real life mermaid! It was a dream come true! ;)
 Then it was party time!



 Hands down my favorite part of his birthday was watching him be sung to. I think that was his favorite part as well. It was the cutest thing EVER. He smiled so big and just watched everyone sing to him. He wanted "More! more!" It was so sweet!!









 Uncle Brent was here for Quinn's birthday! Yay!

 Quinn cries because he has to take a picture with his parents on his birthday.
 I am so sad that these won't flip. :( Quinn made us light a candle and sing to him for DAYS after his birthday! It was soooo cute. He would say "More happy happy? Please mommy! More happy happy!"  Naturally I obliged, as I did every time he wanted a piece of cake!



 His birthday night we had a family bonfire at Nannie and Papa's! So fun!

 No seriously, this went on for daaaaays.



 The next week Quinn had his 2 year check up! I can't remember all the details. I think he weighed around 24 pounds.  (He's catching up to his 29 pound sister!) He got two shots which he reminded me of for the rest of the day. Poor guy.


Things about 2 year old Quinn: 
-He has a full vocabulary of words. He is very talkative and hysterical. Such a great sense of humor
- He loves to make animal sounds. Moo, Baaaah, etc. His bird noise is everyone's favorite, it's absolutely hilarious. He loves Angry Birds and thinks all birds makes their noise. 
-He calls birds either chicky, or eagle.
-He is very specific when saying what he wants. One of my favorites is when he asks for cereal. He will say "Want cereal. With spoon. And milk." He will lay it all out. "I want yogurt. And a spoon." 
- He loves flamingos like his sister. He calls them "Mingos" and points out the yard ones anywhere we go.
-He loves to get the mail and makes sure I check it every day! When we pull out of the garage he says "Mail Mommy! Mail!" 
-He has already learned that I have no memory. Most of the time when we leave the house he says "Keys, Mommy?" 90% of the time I don't know where they are and he helps me hunt for them. 
-Quinn loves all animals. He gets very emotional over them and will say "Ohhhhhh! Mommy a puppy! Ohhhhh cute!" 
-Some of my favorite things he says: animal, beanstalk, welcome, hold you (when he wants me to hold him, P said this too and I love that he does as well), I do it. 
-The way he sleeps is hilarious. He has to have his sound machine on. Just today I forgot to turn it on at nap time and over the monitor I hear "Ummm, Mommy. My noise?" :) He also sleeps with two binkies - one in his mouth and one in his hand, a little tiny Gil (a character from Bubble Guppies), his monkey blankie, his lambie, his blanket, and his "whoo-whoo's" (a blanket I made him with cars and ambulances on it) When he's ready for bed he'll say "Go night-night. My two binkies. My Gil." 
-His favorite number is two and whenever possible he wants things in twos. Two pretzels, two binkies, two of everything. 
-He only uses binkies to sleep. When he wakes up and we get him he throws them in his crib without being asked. 
-He is such a boy through and through. Right now he is obsessed with trucks, tractors, fire trucks, ambulances, etc. He asks to go see them all the time. Luckily there's a lot of construction around here right now and he knows right where it's at. If I go through an intersection that turning at would take us to tractors, he yells at me from the back seat that he wants to see the tractors! He knows where there are and is not happy when we don't go see them. Another funny thing is that when he's lucky enough to see them actually digging, he thinks they're eating! He will say "Oh Mommy! Tractor eat! Tractor eat!" :)
-Quinn knows all of the alphabet and recites them back when we show him. He's so smart! I had worked with him on some letters, but the rest he just picked up! 
-And the biggest update of all:
HE'S WALKING!!!!!
One day he just stood up, and walked away from me. The PT kept telling us it had to be on his time, and apparently that was true. Since then there's been no stopping him! He is doing awesome. He walks a lot more than he crawls now, but still goes through crawling spurts. He still falls, a LOT, but gets back up and keeps going. We are soooo proud of him!!!!!!
I will continue updating, watch for one with an update on Paiton's second preschool graduation to come! :)

No comments: