As everyone knows my best friend Amy passed away on the 5th. I want to thank everyone for the condolences, cards, and emails. That meant a lot to me. Yesterday was the funeral. I actually did really well. Matt, Paiton, and Mom went also. It was nice and all of her siblings spoke. We sat in the back in case we needed to escape with the baby so I couldn't see her family or her casket or anything, which I think made it easier. They had some pictures up and a video slideshow going. Also a chocolate fountain in Amy's honor :) It was actually a fairly nice day and the sun was shining so that helped too. As the day went on it started to hit me more and more and it got harder to deal with. Matt rocks at cheering me up though :)
Today was the burial. I had never been to a burial before so I called my mom this morning worried about what it would be like. Paiton and I got there and it was dark, cloudy, freezing, and snowing a little. I bundled P up and put her in the Bjorn. I was the only one wearing jeans. Dang! I thought for sure everyone would be since dress pants are so so cold, but I was wrong. I don't think anyone was paying attention to me though! It was very short, her brother in law said a prayer and blessed the grave. Then they opened the casket and let everyone say goodbye individually. I was surprised since they said she was too hurt to do a viewing after the crash. I took Paiton up and they had her face covered. It was really hard for me. I silently introduced Paiton to her since she didn't have a chance to meet her. I noticed she had on a short sleeved dress and my first thought was "Oh my gosh she must be freezing!" then I realized it didn't matter and that's when it REALLY hit me and I had to leave. I said hello to her family and her parents and Paiton and I left. I am glad I went but it was one of the hardest things I have had to do and see. I won't give details but I could tell her arm was not in good condition. I am glad to have told her goodbye though and gotten that closure.
Anyway, that's that. Here are some super cute pictures of Paiton on Valentine's day!! Matt took me to Tucano's for dinner, one of our favorite restaraunts and my mom watched Paiton. THANKS NANA!!! We had fun and stuffed ourselves!!
This is Paiton's Valentine's outfit!
Grandma Riggs and Pai!
We do have some good news! We are making some updates to our house and although it is expensive it's FUN! We bought some new carpet we are going to get installed next month. It's really pretty and nice and it will be good to have new, nice carpet for the baby to play on! Yay! Matt and his dad are also tiling our entry way and our laundry room and hallway! It is going to look so beautiful downstairs! They are also painting all of downstairs since the paint looks gross and doesn't match! I will take before and after pictures, but it will be at least a month before it's all done! Let the countdown begin!
We also have booked our trip to Virginia! It will be me, Paiton, Mom, Dad, Spencer, Cami, and Grandma Riggs! We are so excited for P to meet Uncle B and for a super fun trip! Woohoo! We miss Cadon so much and can't wait to give him loves! Matt will stay here and coach tennis and hang out with the doggies :)





1 comment:
That was so sad, I am so sorry that you had to go through that and my condolences to her family. On a happier not, Paiton looks adorable and that is a really cute beanie. I am super excited, I'm taking Wes for some photos tomorrow and can't wait to show them off.
Post a Comment