Tabs

Monday, February 9, 2009

In Memory Of Amy

My best friend from high school and beyond, Amy Yearsley, passed away on February 5. She was killed in a plane crash on Catalina Island. If you want to read about it search Catalina plane crash and it will come up. There is also an article on the LA Times website.
If you know me, you know Amy. We were inseparable for years and years. We met 12 years ago in drama our freshman year of high school. I have so many memories of Amy it's impossible to post them. Our trip to Canada where we didn't know they sold gas in liters and put too much in our car and couldn't afford it, our trip to California where we gambled at Viejas for the first time and Amy won $100, multiple drama trips and competitions, studying photography together and having photoshoots of each other. There are so many more.
Last night I went through my old photo albums to find pictures of her and there are of course TONS. There are boxes full of pictures of us in the closet downstairs as well. It was a hard thing to do but luckily I had Matt to help me. And Paiton, she makes everything better.
I am still in shock. I still expect Amy to call me or text me and we can make fun of everyone for believing such a stupid story. I expect that we're going to laugh about how weird this was for many years to come.
Amy has two sisters and two brothers and parents that love her. Please think of them. Amy was the only person I know who when out of nowhere I said "Let's drive to Canada" said "ok!" And that's just how our relationship was.
Oddly enough I had just texted her on Thursday. I was irritated when she didn't write me back because I had texted her a picture of Paiton. She was living in Las Vegas and hadn't gotten to meet her yet. Now I understand why she never wrote back to that text. I don't remember what time I sent it, I wonder if she got to see that I was thinking about her?
Last night got harder as the night went on. Matt made me cookies and I watched the Grammys and cried with Paiton. All night I dreamed about Amy and about telling our high school friends what had happened to her.
Amy, you will be missed more than you know. I will think of you every time I take a picture, every time I listen to my Britney Spears CD, every time I think of Canada, and every day anyway. I love you so much and I hope you are somewhere looking down on me right now and I hope that you're happy.
A few pictures that have funny memories of my millions of pictures of us....


2 comments:

Stacie and Jared said...

I am so sorry for your loss of a dear friend. It will get easier with time. Remeber, let me know if you need anything or to just get away and out.

Brooke and Brad Arnold said...

I am so sorry for your loss! I was thinking it had been a few days since you had posted and I wondered what was going on. I am so sorry and wish there was something I could do to ease your pain.