Tabs

Friday, April 10, 2009

Highchair Tales

Yesterday I got crazy and built Paiton's high chair! It was actually really simple and only took a few minutes, but boy is it cute! Thanks Debbie!!
It has a little toy that suction cups to the tray and plays music if you push a button, so I figured that might entertain her long enough for me to clean my kitchen. I put her in it and she did so good sitting there like a big girl! She played with the toy awhile and figured things out. Then she started getting fussy. So I started pushing the button to make the music play. I should mention here that Paiton is very, very sensitive to sounds. If she doesn't like the sound of something she does The Lip and starts to cry. For example: fire trucks, stove alarms, certain music, etc. So I keep pushing this button trying to entertain her so I can finish washing dishes and she just keeps screaming. Finally I realize that everytime I push that button her bottom lip becomes huge and the tears start coming. She hates the music!! Only my kid, I tell ya! So now that we know that we will no longer be enjoying Twinkle Twinkle Little Star during highchair time!! :) Here are some pictures of her first high chair experience!

We can't believe she's going to be 5 months old on Monday! It seems ridiculous that she could be that old already. Time really does fly when you have a baby and I don't like it! She is learning to do so much. She sat by herself for about 10-15 seconds a couple days ago. She laughs out loud if you tickle her tummy or toes. She reaches for EVERYTHING and is so interested in watching people eat and drink. She is constantly trying to steal my cup from me! She is just so much fun and Matt and I think it's amazing that we are literally watching her learn new things right in front of us!!
Today is Friday so we will be hanging out with my mom! We might go walk around the mall, Paiton needs a sweater to wear with her Easter dress since we live in stupid Idaho and it's still going to be chilly on Easter!
Watch for those pictures, there should be some good ones!

No comments: