Friday Paiton and I hung out with Nana as usual and went for a nice walk in the sunshine.
Saturday Cami had a soccer game in Nampa so Paiton and I went to cheer her on. It was really windy and cold that morning, especially out on the soccer field with nothing to block the wind. We sat huddled under a blanket and Paiton napped almost the whole time. She is such an outside baby!
Being the new mommy that I am, it never occurred to me that I should put sunscreen on the baby. It was cold and windy so it didn't even cross my mind. So when we got home Matt noticed something on Paiton's head and asked what it was. Oops, I burned my baby!! She got sunburned on the left side of her face, since that was the side facing the sun. And notice her hat in the above picture, because of it she got a nice patterned burn on her forehead, earning her the new nickname, Waffles.
Look closely to the left side of her face, and you'll see her waffle iron sun burn!! =(
This picture really doesn't even do it justice. In real life it's so much more noticable. I feel so bad that I burned her and I totally didn't mean to, but come on....it's a little funny right!? She isn't in any pain or anything (at least she's not acting like it). If she were crying or acting hurt I'd be feeling even more guilty! Guess we know this baby is her daddy's clone! My dad said it's a good thing she didn't burst into flames! :) It really wasn't that sunny out! No more outings without being lathered up in sunscreen!





2 comments:
That is hilarious. I burned Wes a little the first time we were out in the sun too and felt really bad too.
that is so funny!!! I probably would have done the same thing since it was cold and windy!!! : ) I think the waffle sunburn is awesome and she will have a story to tell for the rest of her life!!!
Post a Comment