Today I took her to her 6 month check up at the doctor. She is doing great! She weighs 15 pounds and 9 ounces. Everything is looking great. She is doing all that she should be doing! We can start feeding her solids twice a day now and giving her water in a sippy cup with her meals! How exciting! She is growing right on track and is totally average, which is just what we want! I talked to the doctor about her refusing to stay on her tummy and just rolling instead and told her I was concerned she would never stay on her tummy long enough to learn to crawl. Dr. Zieba said it doesn't matter at all if she crawls or not. She said crawling is not a milestone and not something doctors look for because what matters is sitting and walking, after all we don't crawl to get somewhere do we? So that eased my mind! Plus it's too early for her to be crawling anyway!
I also have to say that we have the BEST doctor we could ask for. She spends so much time going over EVERYTHING with me. All my questions, plus she has a whole checklist she goes over herself. She talks with Paiton, plays with her, and I love it!
Today I discovered that the best play toy is apparently the paper they put on the examination table! Paiton loved getting all wrapped up in it! These pictures were taken with my phone so they aren't great, but funny! She had that paper thoroughly destroyed!


She also had to get 3 shots, which she obviously was not a fan of!! We are proud of you P!! We will celebrate your half birthday tomorrow baby girl, we love you!!!!





1 comment:
Awe, Happy Birthday, Paiton! Good luck with the sippy cup, Wes just throws his around, LOL.
Post a Comment