Tabs

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Lights and Ugly Sweaters

First things first. On Friday we took Paiton to the talent agency for her interview. It went well. She was in a good mood and basically the lady just talked to Matt and I and asked us some questions and then interacted with Paiton. Paiton smiled and waved at her and then showed her how she can fake being "sick". Funny girl. The lady said that she thought Paiton was beautiful and that she definitely has the "look" and that she thinks she could be very successful. I don't feel like she was just saying that. They only get paid if Paiton gets jobs, so they don't take one people that they don't think will do well. We were pretty happy with how it went. They are working on building Paiton her own website so that potential clients can see it. I also am to check a blog they keep about auditions a few times a day to see if anything pops up that I want her to audition for.
Here is what she wore to her interview!


On Friday night Paiton and I went with The Lurcooks and The Lurcooks (hehe) to look at Christmas lights. Paiton was absolutely enthralled with looking at the lights. The first two houses we went to the lights were fantastic. They were set to music and it was crazy. I decided that this is how Aunt Lori and Uncle Derek will win the contest with their neighbors. I took a video of it but it is taking forever to upload, so I will try again later. Here it is:

Paiton watching the lights:

Cadon:


This house is insane. It takes 6 weeks to get all the lights up. I don't even remember how many lights it said there were and I can't imagine their power bill! The pictures don't even do it justice:

Cadon and Nana:







This is how their neighbors decorated their house:

Paiton enjoyed the lights but eventually fell asleep!

Cadon was my buddy and sat by me in the car:


On Saturday Matt and I got all fancied up to go to the annual Ugly Sweater and Mustache party we have with our friends. Paiton was NOT a fan of Matt with his mustache! She kept crying and trying to hide from him!


I think this will be our Christmas card picture next year. We are looking good!


A better shot of my sweet sweater.


On the way to the party Matt and I thought our alter egos needed new names, so he was Chuck and I was Starla.
Here is Chuck driving:

We tried to only listen to music we thought Chuck and Starla would like on the way there so we listened to some Journey, Foreigner, and Styx. It was good times. Thanks Nana and Papa for watching Paiton and letting her snuggle in your bed with you!!

Here are a couple of our friends and their ugly sweaters!


2 comments:

Carol said...

Okay, so I really like Journey, Foreigner and Styx!!! What are you saying about me?! Am I a Starla? You were both looking so good you really should have gone downtown after the party!

Derek and Lori said...

Can I just say WOW! Those sweaters were really ugly!!!
You two were very "sexy" looking though. Sounds like a fun time though. As far as decorating with that many lights.......no way.......my electric bill would be unimaginable. It's already over $500!!!