Last night was the dinner we (ok Matt) were invited to to honor the teacher grant winners, of which Matt is one!!
We had a lot of fun. We got to get a little dressed up:
This is how we pose when we look fancy:
We left Paiton with Uncle B and Aunt Carissa to play with the boys, then Mom and Dad came home and watched her. Like they say, it takes a village. ;) She was a very good girl we heard and we had a lot of fun having a grown up night!
While we were there we got dinner, which was very good. They also gave away door prizes and we NEVER win anything so we were really hoping for something good! I ended up winning a $25 gift card to Radio Shack right away. Later on in the night Matt also won a $25 gift card to Texas Roadhouse!! It was our lucky night I guess. We also got some free stuff that was on the table, which we don't need or have room for, but I believe in taking anything that's free so we came home with 4 glass mugs, 3 wire picture holders, and 2 money clips. SCORE! :)
We had a lot of fun. They announced Matt's name for winning the grant one month, along with the other winners. The two people that work in Matt's class aren't teachers, but they were invited as well since they help in his class, Kendrick and Lara.
It was fun and Matt got some much deserved appreciation for his AWESOME teaching job he does with some difficult kids! :)





3 comments:
Congrats Matt !!!!
Congrats to you Matt. I will say it again......God Bless those of you who will work with the Special needs kids!!!! I know that you do an awesome job and should feel very proud!
PS...I love hearing your stories of the kids!!
Cute pictures, love the shirt! :)
Post a Comment