Tabs

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ear Infections - BOO!

Paiton has double ear infections!! :( On Sunday she started getting a really low temperature, and has it on and off ever since. Dad and Grandma both noticed she was pulling at her ears and yesterday she started pulling on them and saying "Ow" when I would touch them, so I took her in just to be sure. Bummer! An ear infection in each ear! Poor girl! She has been in an OK mood other than throwing more fits than usual, but Tuesday night she didn't sleep until about 4 am, so I knew something was bothering her. She wasn't whiny, just wanted me to hold her and couldn't go to sleep! Hopefully she feels better quick!
While we were at the doctor we discovered Paiton FINALLY hit the 20 pound mark! Woohoo! 20 pounds and 1 ounce. Parents get excited for this because when the baby is 20 pounds and a year old they can be turned forward facing in the car. I did ask the doctor about this because there are a lot of new studies out now saying that they need to be rear facing until 2 or 3 regardless of weight because it keeps them safer in an accident. The doctor said that she and the other doctors in the practice reviewed the results and talked about it and they still recommend turning at 1 and 20 pounds. She asked if Paiton had started getting fussy in the car and I said yes, and she said that that's really common at this age and that she will be much happier turned around. She is still in her baby carrier carseat because my car is so ridiculously small and stupid (there's my vent) that her new big girl car seat doesn't fit rear facing. The doctor said that we need to get her out of that because the other one is much safer. I am very excited. I spent weeks online researching every car seat out there and bought the one that was rated the safest by the transportation administration, so I am looking forward to it!!
And what is a post without pictures!?
Paiton thought it was funny to make her daddy put this eye mask on her one night.

It is also fun to climb in Daddy's tennis bag!

This wild woman hair is impossible to control! Especially in the morning! :)

Apparently Dora yogurt is hilarious!

All gone!

1 comment:

Coleson & Tate said...

Yay for turning around! Coleson was 19 pounds at one year but we figured fully clothed he was probably 20-so we turned him anyway. :P I could not imagine still having him turned backwards! no thanks! ;)