Tabs

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Paiton Rocks!

I need to get back in the habit of updating this every other day! This is going to be a LONG update!
Matt started back to teaching last week. Paiton and I moved back home as Matt finished the flooring downstairs. It was an adjustment to come home and get back into our routine! It's always lonely at first when Matt goes to work. It's just Paiton and I all day long! I love my time with my girl though, of course! Our days are spent singing and dancing, watching Dora and Toy Story, and me trying to find time to work somehow!!
Here are a bunch of pictures from the last couple weeks.
This is one of Paiton's newest tricks at Nana's house, balancing on the couch and coffee table :)
Paiton and MyMy:

On a {cool} morning trip to the park:

Hanging out with Alyson and Dane at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Paiton calls her "Baby Alyson" and was giving her loves:
Rubbing Danes hair:
Playing chase with cousin Dane:

On August 10 we celebrated Grandma's birthday! Happy Birthday E-Ma!!
Paiton eating her "happy cake", which is what she calls birthday cake since we sing the happy birthday song! :)
Some mornings Paiton wakes up a cat and "meows" at me, other mornings she wakes up a dog and barks at me! She is so funny! This particular morning not only did she bark but she also laid under the table and panted with Keilah :)
(Make sure and check out her crazy morning hair! If only you could see the back...This girls curly hair is out of control!)
After our family pictures we went to pizza at Lulu's and then to Fancy Freeze for ice cream with my family! Yummy milkshake!
I have introduced Paiton to the Big Girl Potty! She loves to sit on it and will say "Want go potty like a big girl!" So I'll set her on it! She hasn't actually gone in it yet but she loves sitting on it. I think once she goes in it and understands that that's what she's supposed to do potty training will go pretty quickly...we'll see :) I'm not going to rush her, just glad she's getting used to sitting on it!
Making Maya "shake"
Pretty girl!

Last week Paiton and I went to a cool play place in Meridian called Bounce. It was a lot of fun and Paiton enjoyed playing with the other kids from Barb's daycare. I thought it would be a good chance for her to meet Barb and play with some of the kids. Paiton will start going there this Thursday for daycare. Barb watched Spencer and Cami when they were little and I grew up with her two daughters. Barb is the sweetest person I know and I know that she will love on Paiton and take such good care of her when she is there :)
The cars were Paiton's favorite part of the whole thing! I think we know what she needs for her second birthday!!
These crazy girls all piled onto the truck :)
Here is the inside of Bounce with all the blow up toys:
Going down the slide like a big girl!!
Taking a break from all the playing!
The 3 girls going through the maze:
Climbing up to go down the slide with Charlotte:
Last week the Lurcooks invited us over for a BBQ. It was a lot of fun and we're always eager for the kids to play together! They love to blow bubbles!
Of course Paiton wanted to go on a ride in the Escalade.
Paiton worrying about the radio while Cadon drives her around :)
Traffic jam!
Carissa and I took the kids on a walk (We RAN while they rode in the Escalade)
I love that picture. You can tell Paiton loves Cadon so much and it is so sweet.
Self timer picture
Comparing "belly butts". (What Paiton calls her belly button:))
I think it's safe to say we've hit the stage where Paiton wants to dress herself. Usually she picks the same pink skirt. This day she picked her pink skirt, Toy Story shirt, and green shoes. Lookin good! :)
If you want to look at some more of our family pictures {And I highly recommend that you do!} check them out here:
http://ckgphotography.net/ckgblog/2010/08/15/the-locke-family-boise-family-photographer/

I will be getting a CD and posting some on the blog but for now, check those out :)
And of course it wouldn't be complete without some of my favorite recent Paiton stories!
~Paiton learned the sun and moon. She loves to point them out and say "Hi sun!" or "Bye moon!"
~She still LOVES airplanes and can spot them anywhere. If she hears one she wants to run outside and see it.
~She still talks to anyone we pass. She'll wave and say "Hi people!" or if she's feeling ornery she'll yell "Go away people!" Then she always tells me what she did "Mommy, I said Hi people!" Haha!
~She bosses the dogs around like crazy. She tells them "Hop it!" (Her "stop" sounds like hop :}) if they're barking, or "go away!" if they're bugging her!
~One day at the park there was a little girl swinging next to her and she was saying "Hi baby girl!"
~Whenever someone leaves she says "Back soon?" wanting to know if they'll be back soon. (Matt and I laugh because it sounds like "bock soon?" and we think it sounds like a Chinese food!)
~She knows "Good girl" and will tell me when she's being good. Like when I put her sunscreen on and she sits still when I'm all done she'll say "Oh good girl!" and smile at me :)
~She learned the phrase "What happened?" and she asks it a lot. She also learned "I don't want to." and we hear that one a lot as well! "Paiton, eat your dinner!" "I don't want to!"
~She learned the words "funny" and "silly" and uses them appropriately! We were with Amy, Dane, and Alyson the other day and she kept telling me "Dane's silly!" And her "funny" sounds like "punny!" She thinks she does very funny things and will say "I punny Mommy!"
~In the car she says Hi to everything. Hi moon. Hi truck. Hi people. Hi birdie. It's very cute.
~She talks our ears OFF in the car! She doesn't stop chattering! It cracks me up!
And now my two favorite stories:
~One night at my mom's Paiton was messing with my sewing machine. Nana told her No-No! I walked by then and Paiton grabbed my hand, pointed to her Nana, looked at me, and said "She told me No No!" HAHA!! Mom and I laughed a long time about that one! She sure tattled on her Nana!
~Paiton LOVES to watch Matt play tennis. She always wants to go watch when he leaves with his tennis bag. One night we were watching him and Paiton was playing in the dirt. I saw her start chewing something so I grabbed her and started swiping her mouth. Out came a chewed up rolly polly she had been playing with! When I got it out of her mouth she looked at me all sad and said "Awe Mommy! My bugga!" I think I about wet my pants laughing at that one!

One other thing that is funny is that she is learning the "chain of command". If I say no to something, then she will ask her Nana, and if she says no, then she knows to go to "E-Ma", Grandma Riggs! She knows that Grandma trumps all and she will usually get what she wants! :)

2 comments:

Joe, Riki, and Caydence said...

We love the stories of Paiton's funny moments. I read Caydence the rollie pollie story and she started gagging, good times.

Live.Laugh.Love said...

I did too!! I had to hold it in