Tabs

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

SMILE

A few months ago Paiton developed a favorite song. It's "Smile" by Uncle Kracker. One night she was in the car with my mom and I and that song came on the radio. I had never even heard before and I don't think she had either. She LOVED it and was dancing along to it. When it ended she wanted "More! More!" and was upset that another song was on. I downloaded it onto my iPod for her and it continues to be her favorite. It amazes me that so young she is able to differentiate between songs, but she will say to me "My song!" and want me to play it for her.
Last night I was watching TV and that song came on the show I was watching. P was just about asleep but as soon as that started playing she opened her eyes really wide and said "My song Mommy!" in the sweetest voice I've ever heard. It was so cute and so sweet, it just melted my heart. When the little snippit was over in the show she of course wanted "More!"
I am glad she picked a good song to like! Here are the lyrics that I think fit Paiton perfectly:
You make me smile like the sun,
Fall out of bed, Sing like a bird,
Dizzy in my head. Spin like a record,
Crazy on a Sunday night.
You make me dance like a fool,
Forget how to breathe, Shine like gold,
Buzz like a bee. Just the thought of you can drive me wild.
Oh you make me smile.
Don't know how I lived without you,
Cuz every time that I get around you,
I see the best of me inside your eyes,
You make me smile!

This is all so true of Paiton. She IS my sunshine and I tell her that regularly. She is the most amazing thing I've ever encountered and I'm so happy to call her mine. When I was pregnant I dreamed of what our little girl what look like and how perfect she'd be, and she really is. She is the perfect combination of Matt and I. She has his dirty blonde hair, my dark brown eyes and olive skin. She is stubborn and hilarious. Nothing is boring when she's around and when I'm away from her my heart hurts and I miss her like crazy.
Paiton, just so you know - YOU. MAKE. ME. SMILE. :)

No comments: