Tabs

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day of Preschool!!

It's official - my baby girl is a big kid!! She started PRESCHOOL today! I still can't believe and I have no idea where the time went!! It was a little bitter sweet. She has been asking to go to school since she was one and has been eager to go. She woke up this morning smiling and asking if she got to go to school even though her "brace" is still on.
This is the big kid after she woke up on her first day of preschool: 
 She was eager to get dressed and picked out her outfit for the big day. She tolerated my incessant picture taking with {fake} smiles. She insisted her picture be taken in the backyard, not the front, so we had to wait until the sprinklers went off and then run out. I realized her feet and cast would get soaked so I threw this carpet scrap on the grass! Don't judge!!  

 Preschoolers will be preschoolers!



 I put her backpack on her and she was annoyed that I wanted another picture. Her response - "Mommy, if my backpack is ON that means it's time to GOOOO! Ugh!"
 Her spot on the floor at preschool where she puts her backpack!
 When I took her in she asked me "Wait, are you leaving!?" and kind of stared in shock. I gave her a kiss and her amazing teacher, Carolanne, whisked her away to play with the kitchen. {Carolanne is the same lady who taught Brandon, Spencer, and Cami in preschool!}
 Checking out the scene...
 When I picked her up she rushed over to grab her backpack and show me her paper from the day!
 She was "hungry like a hippo" so I told her I would take her to a special lunch wherever she wanted. She chose Mona Lisa Fondue! 
We had such a cute little talk at lunch. We sat down {with Quinn in tow of course} and she said "Let's have a talk about my preschool." and that's exactly what we did. Here are Paiton's words about her first day: 
~ "My teacher Carolanne is soooo nice. I love her. I really love her." 
~ I asked her what some of the kids were named and she said "Olivia, Abby, and you are going to be so surprised Mom! There is a boy named Peyton! He is a BOY Peyton! Isn't that crazy!?" 
~ "I missed you so much. Get over here and give me a hug!" (that was the only time I got a little teary eyed today. This girl has a heart of gold.) 
Here she is, enjoying her celebratory lunch!

 Showing me how she blows on her food when it's too hot:
 Mister Quinn discovered his toes recently and loves to pull on them!



 
Tomorrow is day 2 of preschool! I'm so proud of this little lady. She rocks!!!!!

2 comments:

Joe, Riki, and Caydence said...

Wow P you are such a big girl. I'm so happy you love school. Caydence starts 3rd grade today and she is just like you, she loves to go to school ;)

Reid, Kim, Cohen, and Graidy said...

I love her comment about the boy Peyton!! So cute!