Tabs

Sunday, September 11, 2011

4 months old!!

I know I say this every time, but I can NOT believe that Quinn is 4 months already!! Breaks my heart when time goes so fast! 
He had his 4 month check up last week. He weighs 14 lb. 14 oz. which is in the 50th percentile - totally average! Woohoo! Not too big, not too small! Perfect! He was in the 25th percentile for height, I don't remember how long he was though, I'll have to look.  
The doctor said he looks great and healthy. She thinks his eyes will stay blue since they are a bright blue, usually if they are going to turn brown they are a dark blue I guess. Yay!! I have no idea how we got so lucky to have the absolutely perfect combination of a brown eyed girl and a blue eyed boy! The best of everything!! :) 
She was impressed by his fine motor skills - she got to see him put his binky in his mouth and chew on his teether so that was good! He got his shots and that always makes me sad! :( We talked about what we should be doing now and things like that. She said that between 5-6 months we can start cereal. She prefers that parents wait until 6 months so their little tummies are for sure ready, and she said never to start before 5 months, but I will probably wait as long as I can. Don't need this baby growing up even faster!!
While we were there the doctor checked out Paiton's ears. The 4 of us have had this nasty cold going around for the last week or so and Paiton woke up that morning complaining of an ear ache. Sure enough she had an ear infection! Poor girl! 
Here are some pictures of Q in his 4 month tie!






Everything here is still going well. Nothing too new. Matt is still playing a lot of tennis and getting excited for his new job. This is his last week teaching. Very bittersweet for him.  
Paiton is just as cute/awesome as ever. In fact, here are a couple funny P stories: 
~ Yesterday we went to watch Matt play tennis and when we walked up he didn't have a shirt on. Paiton said "That's my daddy and he's nakey! He is playing tennis nakey!" then she put her hands over her face and said "This is so awful!" Hahahaha!! 
~ On the radio one day "California Girls" (still her favorite song) was playing, but it was edited and the rap part by Snoop Dog was cut out and when that part should have been Paiton got sad and said "It didn't say 'squeeze her buns'!" (her favorite part of the song!) 
~ Paiton is such a backseat driver - she is always yelling at me to wait until the light turns green to go. At a left turn signal my light turned green but the regular light was still red. I started to turn and P yelled at me "NO!" Which of course startled me and I said "What!?" 
P: The light is still red! You can't go! 
Me: No it's not, it turned green.
P: Um, no. It didn't. I was watching. Gosh. 
~ I had to take the kids to a meeting I had and there were a bunch of chickens running around. Paiton started telling me about chickens and what sounds they make. Then she said "Mom, chickens are animals. Not food." Haha, not sure where that came from, but it was funny! 
This girl definitely keeps us on our toes and we couldn't love her more!! She is doing great at school and loves it a lot. Her favorite movie (this week) is Robots. She got her cast off last week - YAY!!!!! She was very excited to have it off but was such a big girl while it had to be on! 

Quinn is, of course, as cute as ever. He loves to talk and tell big stories. He has the best giggles. He hates tummy time. He loves his sister. He is very ticklish. He likes to take a bath but hates being dried off. He is so sweet and calm. He still hates his car seat a lot of the time and can drive us all crazy with his inability to not cry in the car, but he is all smiles the second we get where we're going! He has regressed in his sleep, the doctor said probably due to teething and a cold, but I have also read of a 4 month curse, and he is getting up way more often than he used to. He will usually go right back to sleep after I feed him but sometimes he's just angry! He is the love of my life and we are so glad he is such a good baby! 

I am still just working - both at my regular work and also getting busier with Locke Photography. Add into that taking care of the kids and that's pretty much all I do! No exciting stories on my end!! :) 

That's my update, I have other pictures I need to upload when I have a bit more time!

1 comment:

Reid, Kim, Cohen, and Graidy said...

Cute pics!

Funny how different doctors have different advice. Obviously I'm talking about when to feed babies food! ;)