Paiton says the funniest things, as we're all well aware.
Tonight I ran to the grocery store with the kids.
{Random side note - I am now single-momming it Monday - Friday while Matt stays at his mom's house in Boise, where he is now working. He started his new job today, and since it would have taken him an hour + to get to work and another hour + to get home, he is just staying out there. We have no desire to pay for all that gas, it would cost a fortune. Especially since I have to drive out there about 5 times a week for work!! :/}
So anyway, we're at the store and Paiton starts telling me what people are doing. She refers to the people by the color of their shirt:
"That purple girl is looking at tomatoes!"
"That green lady is buying ice cream!"
"That blue boy is smiling at us!"
I'm giggling and thinking it's pretty stinking cute until she busts out the following ones:
"That black lady glared at me!"
"That brown man only has one arm!"
Once it wasn't so obvious that she was describing shirt colors I had to hurry and "Shhh!!!" her! Never a dull moment....
Monday, September 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
On a side note.....Taylor has always referred to people by there hair color. That black lady over there, the yellow man at the gas station, the brown guy that sells tacos, etc. So I know exactly what you mean. For me however, she still does this. I don't make a big deal, because she isn't doing anything wrong and neither is Paiton....let her say it. People can think what they want!!!
Love you
Miles did the same thing and once in the store he was being whiny and I told him that if he wasn't good I was going to send him home with the lady that was in the aisle with us. And he didn't want to. Then we came around the corner and he said "I don't want to go with that black man either" to a black man who was dressed in a full black sweat suit. How do you fix that...besides just moving along quickly and hoping they didn't hear :)
Try to find the positives in the single motherhood thing or you will go crazy. I enjoy not having to cook a full meal every night and going to bed earlier and being a more attentive mother. It's not ideal but doable. Hopefully you don't have to do it for long.
Post a Comment