Tabs

Saturday, July 28, 2012

He did it!!!

{There is so much to update about, but right now, this is the very most important!}
He did it!!! 
He's been working on it for a looong time. 
Tonight our sweet baby Quinn crawled on his hands and knees for more than 2 steps!! He crawled the entire length of a slip n slide, and then more in the house!!
I have a video of it even! 
His goal from the Infant/Toddler program was to crawl on hands and knees by 18 months, he'll be 15 months next week!! 
YAY!!! I can't even say how proud we are of him! 
It doesn't seem like a big deal, and perhaps in the grand scheme of things, it isn't; but it is so hard to know that he's so behind. I see little kids his age toddling around and it really hurts my heart. I cherish this time because once he's walking he'll lose that "baby-ness" that I love so much. It's just hard to know that your child needs help to do what everyone else is doing. It makes me sad and teary just to type it. There's no way to put into words how important, special, and perfect Quinn is to us. He is perfect, completely. He is SO sweet, and we just can't get enough. I can't ever not be kissing him, or smelling him. ;) 
So, in all his glory, here he is, CRAWLING!!!!! 

(It won't upload for some reason, click on this to see it!) 



2 comments:

Derek and Lori said...

As the mom of a very special girl, I can tell you that I understand your joy at his accomplishment! I am so thrilled for you. He is just gonna do things in his own time, and that's OK. Taylor had OT to learn how to do everything the other kids "just did". He's just going to be Quinn and you will always love everything about him. Keep up your great work as an amazing mom! I love you SOOOOOO much!!!!!

Carol said...

YAY Quinny! We were all cheering and clapping for you and you did great!! You are so perfect and gorgeous and I couldn't love you more no matter what!! XOXOX, Nannie