Tabs

Monday, July 23, 2012

What a weekend!

We had SUCH a fun weekend!!

I need to first start with last weekend though. 
Matt played in a tennis tournament that combined kids and adults! He said it was pretty fun, this is he and his partner, and they won first place! I don't even know how many tournaments that makes for him getting first place this year? All he does is win!
Isn't his high school partner cute!? Don't worry, I know that at the end of the day Matt enjoys coming home to his much older, much more out of shape, much worse tennis playing wife. ;) 

Back to this last weekend! It technically started on Thursday night. Matt and Brandon bought tickets to the 3:30 AM showing of Batman. Before that they watched the other ones, played video games, and drank energy drinks to get pumped! ;) 
Not to be left out of all the fun, Paiton and I went on a girl date! We went to USwirl and got ice cream and visited with family at Ema's house!


Friday Paiton and I made some homemade raspberry jam with fresh raspberries grown and picked by Maryann Yearsley - Amy's mom. It turned out delicious. This is half of what I made. I made two batches which turned out to be 4 - 16oz tubs and 6 - 8 oz tubs!!
 Quinn looking fantastic in his "Captain Adorable" tanktop. :)
 Friday night my parents babysat because Matt's parents invited us out on an adults-only evening!! It was SO fun!! We took the kids to Nannie and Papa's and headed out with the other Mom and Dad! We went to Gino's for dinner and OH MY GOSH. SOOO good!! I already can't wait to go back. It was super delicious! Then we got in the mustang (top down of course) and headed downtown. We walked around and got some drinks at Bonefish. 
Then we cruised around a little and headed home to pick up Quinn. Mom was already babysitting the boys for a slumber party, so Paiton stayed and had a slumber party with them! Thanks Nana and Papa!! 
They sent me these pictures while we were gone: 
Quinn crawled up THREE stairs by himself!!! The kids were helping him by bribing him with toys! :)
Papa set up a drive in theater for them by putting their movies on the wall with a projector!! 
So lucky!! Ryan, Cadon, and Paiton snuggled in! :)
Saturday morning Matt had to go play in another tennis tournament - this time he was playing with his co-worker (and my coach) Katie - and they were representing their office! 
Quinn and I went and gathered Dutch Bros for all the kids and took it to them at Nana and Papa's house and played there for awhile. 
Mom, Cami, and the kids and I went out to Gordman's and Target that afternoon. It had been awhile since we'd done anything together! It was fun!! 
Sunday was a BLAST! Matt had to finish up his tennis tournament, so the kids and I headed out to Banks with my family to play at the beach! They'd all gone before, but this was the first time we were available to join them! They kept calling it a beach and Paiton kept saying "Stupid Idaho doesn't have beaches" (gee, wonder where she's heard that. Whoops!) 
When we got there I was shocked! The sand was REAL!! Not chunky rock, dirt sand like at Sandy Point, but completely soft sand!! We were in HEAVEN. 

 Quinn LOVED and was completely obsessed with the sand. All he wanted to do was crawl in it, eat it, shove it in his eyes, roll in it, and cover his legs with it!
 This supermodel was a fan of the sand as well.




 Maya loved playing ball in the river!

 Handsome Ry Ry.










 Quinn was SO happy to sit in the water and play in the sand/mud. He was so content!

 Papa brought this pool for Quinn in case the river was too cold/fast for him to swim with everyone else. :) Carissa buried it in the sand for him so he had his own little spot!
 Turns out my kids are TOTAL river rats. They loved it. Paiton just swam and swam and swam. 

 We thought Quinn might like to be part of the action and come swim with us, but he was sooo mad that we pulled him out of the sand!
 Me on the left, Uncle B, and Paiton swimming
 Ryan far left, Me, Paiton, Carissa, and Brandon



 We had so much fun. We can't wait to go back! We ate lunch, had snacks, swam, and played in the sand. Cadon and I caught 9 minnows with our hands and kept them in a bucket for the kids to see. It was lots of fun! 
On our way home we stopped for ice cream in Horseshoe Bend. Quinn was SO tired he fell asleep in the car on the way there. I think he was still sleeping while we had ice cream because I gave him his cone and he just kept shoving it into his binky! We had to take his binky out for him. Silly boy!


1 comment:

Matt Locke said...

Look at those cute little swimmer babies!!!!! They are such fish!

On a selfish note, I did win the second tournament as well!