Well, needless to say we are having some naptime issues. Paiton was so colicky when she was a new baby that she got used to being held constantly. So she was used to taking naps in my arms. Anytime I try to put her down, she wakes up and won't go back to sleep. She screams if I put her down awake. So I was at a loss. I read two different books and both basically said to put her down awake but tired and let her cry herself to sleep. If she is still awake after an hour and ten minutes, to pick her up, play with her, and then try again and she will definitely be tired and fall asleep the second time. I have done that the past two days and....NOTHING! This baby can scream until time stops! I feel so bad because it's been over 8 hours of screaming the last two days. She took one mini nap yesterday, only because she fell asleep in my arms and I carefully transfered her to my bed, where she slept for just a little bit. Not even close to a real nap! I think she was overally tired last night from no naps for two days because she didn't sleep very good, she kept waking up wanting to play! I have tried everything, the swing, giving her something that smells like me, putting her in her swaddle blanket, nothing works!
I have taken advice from my friends and my mom, but now I'm at a loss! Do I keep making her cry it out even though it doesn't seem to be working? Do I just let her keep napping in my arms which leaves me trapped and unable to do anything? Please help!
Look how cute she is when she's asleep. I'd like more of this ;)
2 comments:
Aw, sorry you are having troubles with nap time. It seems to go great most times for us but then a week or two here or there he just he just doesnt want to nap but is exhausted. Good Luck to you.
Unfortunately, I'm no help really. In the afternoon, Wes just kind of naps here or there and this morning he didn't want to nap, I left him in hif crib and he played for a long time before he fell asleep. When the weather is nice out, I take him for walks which helps him fall asleep. Someone else this morning mentioned putting him in his bouncy seat and putting him on top of the dryer, LOL
Post a Comment