Maybe I just like to torture my baby. I have to share that I have got THE best behaved baby most of the time. She is easy going, always full of smiles and stories, so sweet and loving. We are truly blessed to have this girl. She is beautiful, smart, gorgeous, and so much fun. However, she has her moments where I don't know where she came from!
For instance, the dreaded Tummy Time. Only in our house it's called Trauma Time. You would think we were poking the baby with a stick or something. As soon as we put her on her tummy she freaks out. I think I have posted about this before. She screams, cries, chokes, pukes, all during trauma time. It is useless but the doctor says we MUST do it so she can learn to roll. Well she doesn't roll. She screams and puts her head down. I know she can roll, I have seen it once or twice. She just chooses not to!! I don't understand the point of making her do tummy time when she doesn't do what she's supposed to. They say to leave her there while she screams, she'll learn. Well, she doesn't! She just gets all hiccuppy and sobby and puts her head down and cries onto the blanket. No rolling to be done.....So this morning I put her on her tummy in her bed while I got ready for the day. It was 6 minutes, 6 MINUTES was all I asked of her and you would have thought I was pinching her under the sheet. I threw on some makeup, put my wet hair up in a ponytail where it's been for 4 months 3 weeks and 6 days, and picked her up. Then it took her awhile to calm down, she had to cry a little while and tell me how horrible it was.
So we continued on with our day. Here is how Paiton naps - she gets tired and falls asleep in my arms. Easy enough. Paiton starts going to daycare on Mondays this coming Monday. So I figure we need to teach her to sleep in her bed. So today I put her in her bed for her morning nap after she falls asleep in my arms. She wakes up immediately. I leave her there. She begins telling herself big, long, happy stories. I leave her. Then the stories turn sad and the screaming begins. So I pick her up. She falls asleep in my arms and stays there. This afternoon I figure I'll try putting her down awake but sleepy. She does good for 3 minutes. Then starts screaming. Mom says to give her 10 minutes to see what happens. So I vacuum and check on her every couple of minutes. By the time 10 minutes is up she is soaking wet covered in sweat, sobbing, choking and really, really mad. It took me over 30 minutes to calm her down. She fell asleep in my arms. And that's where she stayed.
In fact she is balanced in my arms as I type this. Apparently, this is how I'm going to live. With a baby in my arms at all times. Any tips? Let me know. Nothing works. This baby is a genius. A kind of evil one, but a genius none the less ;)
And this is how she looked by the end of the traumatic day with Mommy Dearest who dared made her do tummy time and take a nap!





2 comments:
Exersaucers and jumperoos will be your new best friend!!! I highly recommend either! We just got Arielle a jumperoo and it is a savior!! I can actually cook dinner or do laundry!!! If she isn't interested in the swing anymore, why not sell it? it will only be taking up space if you keep it! Hang in there girl, these days will pass!
All I can say is it will pass! :(
Post a Comment