Tabs

Monday, August 3, 2009

Sandy Point

We had a really fun weekend!
Friday Paiton and I went shopping with Nana, Titi, and Grandma Riggs. We went to the mall and ate lunch at Cheesecake Factory! It was delicious. Paiton wore a very cute outfit. I wish I looked this cute in leggings :)

Saturday we packed up for the day and headed up to Sandy Point. It is a lake that has a fountain in the middle. We used to go a lot when we were little and wanted to head up there to see what it was like now. It was a blast! Matt, Paiton, Me, Mom, Dad, Spencer, and Cami went and Aunt Lisa and Uncle Tim met us up there.
Cami and Matt played wiffle ball and Dad and Spencer played frisbee:

Paiton swam in her tube. She loves this thing. Best $4 I've ever spent! If the water is the right depth she can just stand in the tube and walk around. It is too cute.

Then she ate some Nilla wafer cookies that Aunt Lisa gave her:

Taking a nap with Titi:

The boys got brave and swam out to the fountain and went under. Unless you have been under the fountain you cannot understand how COLD it is. It comes out from the bottom of the reservoir and it is probably near freezing temperature. They were so brave they did it twice!

On Sunday we headed to Mom's as usual. Mom took me to lunch and shopping as part of my birthday present!! Yay!! It was a lot of fun. We went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch (because Jakers was closed. Bummer!) and shopping! Then I made my whole family dinner. On Sundays my mom always makes us dinner, usually on Fridays and Saturdays too!! We are always over there on the weekends so they can get their Paiton fill. By Wednesday or Thursday I start getting phone calls about how much they miss P so we spend most of our weekends with them. We have lots of fun! Mom was very appreciative that I made them dinner so she didn't have to! It turned out good too!
Nana and Papa got Paiton this brand new high chair! She was just using a Bumbo seat but they decided that she needed a high chair to sit in so they got her this one! (Paiton will of course share with Ryan when he gets here! :))

Nana also bought Paiton a new alligator to add to her collection. This one is SOOO cute. I love it, and so does Paiton. She was eating a snack in her high chair with her alligator next to her while I made dinner. Then I looked over and she had put a Cheerio in the alligator's mouth! Isn't that so cute and smart!? She cracks me up. We are thinking her first birthday cake may have to be an alligator....

Speaking of 1st birthdays....Matt, Mom and I have been brainstorming places we can do it. Since it will be cold here in November we need somewhere fun and indoors to do it. We have a few things I'm looking into, but if you have any suggestions, please let me know!! A lot of the places say to book 3 months in advance, and that's just a few days away!
I am still working on her pictures I did on my birthday. I haven't had time to photoshop or upload any, so they will be up here eventually, I promise!!

2 comments:

Brooke and Brad Arnold said...

That outfit is so cute. Looks like you had an awesome weekend! I love the alligator and everytime I see you write something about it, I think aldegator which is how one of the girls on Jon & Kate plus 8 used to say it, LOL.

Joe, Riki, and Caydence said...

She is getting so big. I love that she shares her food with her toys. Cute bathing suit she wore to the lake :).