Tabs

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Update on sleeping

Well here is my update:
Day 1 of sleep training: No nap in the morning, 20 minute nap in the afternoon. Countless hours of screaming.
Day 2: 16 minute nap in the morning. 16 minute nap in the afternoon. 16 minutes asleep in her pack n play that night. Countless hours of screaming. What is up with the 16 minute thing? I was setting a timer so I know it's right...by why!? Matt was amazed that night when I told him that she would only sleep for 16 minutes and he laughed when she woke up at 16 minutes 34 seconds.
Day 3: I had meetings all day long yesterday so we totally interrupted what we were working on. Now I have put it on hold. A friend of mine is sending me a book she recommends. I have read 5 others and none have worked so we'll see....I will do this again next week when I am able to be home and work on it. This week was just too busy with work.
Not to mention the fact that I have definitely traumatized my child. Any time we go near her pack n play or her crib she immediately starts screaming and clings to me trying to monkey crawl her way up me! I feel so bad! This is not meant to be torture but it obviously is so we'll see what happens...I'm not ok with torturing my child!
On a good note - we had another play date with Paiton's twin, Shaun Jr.

Standing in their cage haha:
Everyday starts out awesome when you have this to wake up to:
Look at that naked, sleepy baby! She is so cute! Matt sometimes puts in a request that P sleep in only her diaper! We love how cute she is when she's naked and we like to snuggle her! Last night was one of those nights where I found them snuggling and he had taken Pai's clothes off! Silly Daddy!
See that little pink blanket? That's Pink Berry. I bought it for her yesterday. One side is really soft velvety stuff and one is satin. She loves it and was rubbing it on her face. I thought it might help her sleep. I kept trying to call it Pink Blankey but it kept coming out Pink Berry for some reason, so it's Pink Berry now.
And this is the CUTEST video in all the world! Yesterday after my shower I was sitting on the couch brushing my hair and Pai was playing on the floor. She kept grabbing my feet and trying to eat my toes! When I would take my foot away she just started cracking up! I ran and got the camera and got a video! Make sure your sound is up! It's hilarious!

2 comments:

Brooke and Brad Arnold said...

That is so cute, I love it!

Joe, Riki, and Caydence said...

Love the video. Just so you know your not alone Caydence used to throw up she would be so upset we put her in her crib. I agree torturing your child is not good. Besides the fact that we loved having her in our bed. I'm telling you there is no damage to the child if they sleep with you.