Tabs

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Best Friends!!

Here is what we've been up to the last few days!
I have spent a lot of my time researching babies that don't crawl at Paiton's age. Basically what I can find is that some babies just never will and no one really knows why. In doing my research I have discovered that Paiton may not actually qualify for the Infant/Toddler program or for physical therapy. Some of the main points (it seems) are whether babies her age can pull themselves to stand, stand holding on to something, and walk holding your hands. She can definitely do all these things. That makes me feel less worried and less focused on crawling. I would love for her to crawl, but I don't want to be so focused on that that she never walks! So we are just taking it day by day and seeing how she does. Yesterday she did something awesome! We were playing at our friends house (more on that later) and I was sitting on the ground. She was sitting next to me and next thing I know she had used my leg to stand up and was trying to crawl over me. Never before has she tried to crawl over something that was in her way! I think playing with Cohen and watching him get around like a pro is really good for her! We are going to make our playdates a weekly thing! She also learned to blow kisses the other night which is pretty dang cute!!

On Monday I babysat Cohen while Kim went to work for a little while (this was all pre-scary appointment!) Paiton had a blast playing with him and Cohen was SO good!
It's fun to get into all the toys!!
I LOVE this picture. They stayed like this forever just looking at the pages of the book. Cohen would turn the page every so often. So cute!!
One of Paiton's favorite things in the world is books. Yay! She takes after us! She loves to look at the pictures and turn the pages, but she especially loves being read to! I love to snuggle on the couch with her and read book after book. Sometimes she just wants to read by herself though!
And be prepared to say "Awwww!!!" Here is the cutest dress ever made in the world!!!

Don't you just love it!? She of course had to do the tights, shoes, and side ponytail to go with it!
Yesterday we went over to Kim and Cohen's house to play. We were going to take the babies to this cool pumpkin patch we wanted to try out and do Cohen's one year pictures. First we played at the house. Paiton LOVED his ball pit!
Someone's birthday is in a couple weeks....I see a ball pit in her future! :)
Cohen thought it was fun to climb all over Paiton and then he decided to snuggle with her!
They are just too cute.
After playing at their house we got ready to head out to the pumpkin patch. We drove out to Marsing (because I took a wrong turn) and then back to Caldwell and when we got to the place....it was CLOSED!! It was like a 30-40 minute drive all for nothing! So we left, only to find a sign for another pumpkin patch that was open! So we turned off and there it was: the pumpkin PATCH. That is all it was. A little square of land filled with pumpkins. No hay ride, no picture spots, no nothing! Bummer. So we went to Moxie Java and chatted while the babies played with our keys :) All in all a good time! Sorry for the craziness Kim!!!

Now a couple videos I have to share!
This first one is of Paiton reading. I caught her the other day laying on the floor looking at her book just talking away. It was so cute. She saw me taping though, of course!!



This next one is hilarious. Cohen has a little plastic slide at his house. I put P on the top of it and slid her down. Well she just loved that and wanted to keep doing it! Then she figured out that she doesn't need Mommy to push her down, she can scoot her bottom and do it herself! So this is a video of that. Also in there one of Kim's dogs barks and Paiton clearly says "Dog!" Very smart baby we have here!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Reid, Kim, Cohen, and Graidy said...

Great pictures and videos!!! It was so cute when Paiton said dog!!! Too bad I ruined the last video by laughing!!! My laugh is not IDEAL!!!!! he he he he he I crack myself up!!!

Brooke and Brad Arnold said...

That is soooooo cute and love, love that dress!