Tabs

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

One Year Ago Today....

Was my due date!! It is so weird to sit here and think about that. I was due November 11, 2008. I spent all my free time bouncing on our big medicine ball, doing jumping jacks, and running up and down our stairs trying to go into labor!
It is crazy to think that one year ago today we had no idea what Paiton looked like, what she would act like, how much we would love her, or how different our lives would be in a couple days. We are SO lucky that we got Paiton, the most perfect and beautiful of all babies. She is the greatest thing in our lives and not one day goes by that we aren't amazed at how smart, funny, amazing, sweet, snuggly, crawly, playful, and PERFECT our little girl is.
I thought it would be fun to share some of our nicknames for Paiton. We have A LOT of them, but these are just some we use more frequently. Looking at them, they are all really funny and mostly to do with food! Maybe because she is just so yummy! Here goes!
-Sugar Lump -Wiggle Fritz -Peanut Brittle -Bubblegum -Pumpkin Spice Latte -Sandwich Bag (that one's all Matt haha!) -Sweat Ball -Princess Peach -Pea Lola -Lola Bean
Here is what I looked like one year ago:
And the last picture of my pregnant belly:

Here is a little excerpt from the blog entry I did one year ago today:

40 WEEKS PREGNANT!!!

Well even though I wish Pai was here, it still is kind of exciting to have actually reached my due date! Now I know that she is fully grown and ready to be born today. TODAY being the key word ;)
I really hope Dr. Jones has some good news for me today. We could really use it! And I am giving fair warning that I cannot be held responsible for my actions if the words "1 1/2 centimeters" come out of that woman's mouth! It would be awesome if P is born today because it's her due date and it's 11/11 how cool is that!?
I just looked out the window and saw the beautiful sunrise! It is this awesome shade of hot pink that I don't think I've seen before. I hurried out to take a picture and it didn't turn out super, but hopefully you can still kind of see the pretty colors... It looks like a sunrise Paiton would like. I think today is her day...

Well clearly it wasn't her day, but the sunrise was beautiful and she came just when she needed to so it all worked out!
I can't believe my baby is going to be ONE YEAR OLD on Friday. You think you know how time flies, but you don't until you have a child. There is so much to say but I think I will save it for her birthday post. So for now, Paiton I love you more than the world and more than any words can say. Mommy hates to see you grow up so fast, but I love to see you learn so much and become such a fun little person. You make everything better and I am so happy that you are ours. I can't wait for you to wake up little girl, so that I can hug you and kiss you and watch you giggle. Happy Due Date Bubblegum! :)

3 comments:

Carol said...

Time does go by so so fast - haven't I always told you that! ;)
I can't believe my little sweat ball is going to be one either. She is a beautiful girl just like her Mommy and the light of all of our lives! The picture of your feet makes me laugh and be sad for you at the same time! I remember wanting to poke them with a needle to let the air out!!! HE HE
Love you guys! Mom and Nana

Reid, Kim, Cohen, and Graidy said...

We love you Paiton! Happy Due Date! :)

Brooke and Brad Arnold said...

That's so sweet! Your pregnant belly was so cute! I love the pictures from aunt Lori visiting too, that is so cool and exciting! How fun for you!