Tabs

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve and Christmas

Be prepared for a picture OVERload!!

~Christmas Eve Eve~


Matt made his famous ribs on Christmas Eve Eve and Spencer spent the night!


He came home from the store with this squishy mat, which I think looks great with my wood floors!


~CHRISTMAS EVE~
Christmas Eve we got Paiton all dressed and ready in her cute outfit. Mom came over in the Durango to take a ton of presents we had for everyone over to their house because they wouldn't fit in our car! Then we dropped the doggies off at the kennel to be boarded for the weekend. (We paid extra for them to be served a Christmas dinner so don't feel too bad! :)) Then we went bowling with the Wades and Lurcooks, which is our yearly tradition on Christmas Eve!
Paiton's very cute Christmas Eve outfit:


Even Cadon bowled, although he got bored part way through and quit on us!








Cami just had to have a picture with Paiton, even though P clearly wasn't in the mood!


We didn't plan on making the same face. These things just kind of happen with us...


Walking with Papa


Watching the bowling!


Check out Eric's high score! He stomped all of us!


I kept buying these little rings out of a quarter machine for Cami and laying them on the table to surprise her when she got back from bowling. It was funny!


After bowling it was time for a Christmas Eve nap with Titi!


We went to Qdoba for dinner after Brandon got home from work, then went back to Nana and Papa's to open the traditional Christmas Eve present! We each got a movie and Paiton got a Little People ice cream truck! Then I gave the 3 of us jammies to wear!


We spent the night at my parents house Christmas Eve because we always do! Paiton had fun inspecting all the presents that night while Mom and I finished some stuff up.


This picture does not do justice to how many presents were under that tree!


The babies, planning their escape!






Papa got on his laptop and showed Cadon and Paiton the Santa tracker and they watched him fly through the sky to different places. While we were watching he was in South America!


Someone got a little antsy (or Mommy put the stocking out too early) and got into her stocking when no one was looking!! At least it was her own....


Then it was time for bed so that we could wake up and see what Santa left!

~CHRISTMAS DAY~
We got up early and made sure everything was in order for Christmas Day. Around 9:00 everyone else got up and were ready to open presents!






Cadon was very happy to see that Santa had not only eaten his snacks and given carrots to his reindeer, but he had also left a note!

Our stack of stockings/presents from Santa!!


Everyone's Santa presents!


Santa got everyone summer passes to Roaring Springs! Woohoo! Cadon and Ryan got toys and Paiton got a rocking horse from Mommy and Daddy Santa and a tea set from Nana and Papa Santa!
This little rocking horse is just the right size and she loves it!


Maybe I can ride AND check out what's in my stocking!!




In their stockings the babies got a pair of penguin slippers! The cutest little things ever! (And the babies aren't bad to look at either! ;))




Cami was very happy to get an iPod Nano from Mom and Dad! She also loved the beanie we got her! She put it on Christmas morning and I haven't seen it without it since!


I didn't get many pictures of presents being opened, but here is Uncle B helping Paiton open one.


Brandon and Carissa got Paiton a gift card and in the bag with it was a bunch of hair stuff. Paiton insisted that this headband go on right then and she wore it the entire morning!


Oh she cracks me up with her girliness....


I think the babies could get used to this!


It took us hours to open presents! Halfway through we stopped for the traditional Egg Supreme. It is DELICIOUS and it's a rule that we only get to eat it on Christmas morning (and then leftovers for a couple days after!) It is sooo good and we look forward to it every year! Then we finished opening presents and it was time for a Christmas morning nap for the baby girl! (With her newest alligator of course!)


While she napped I got to play Play Dough with Cadon, Mom, and Cami! We were making hamburgers and toppings with Cadon's new toy!


Then my girl got up and it was time to get her Christmas outfit on! It is getting harder and harder to take pictures of this girl. She is constantly on the move and wanting to do things, not stand still for her picture!!








Family Christmas picture:



Trying to pose in front of the tree, but only getting blurry shots!


Nana and Papa got her this purse and she loves it! She loves to pull everything out, then stuff it back in. It even has lipstick in it, which she loves. She pulled out the bracelet and immediately knew to put it on her wrist. I know I have said it a million times, but how she got to be so girly and know all the girly things is beyond me, but I sure love it!!






Ryan shared his new play table with Paiton, such nice cousins!


It wouldn't be Christmas without olives, and in true Lurcook form this girl loves them! Her first time eating olives off her fingers! Yum yum!




Matt got a new racing game for the Playstation 3 from Spencer and Dad got hooked on it too!


This is the present I made for my parents. It is an idea I have had in my head for awhile now and finally made it. I think it turned out really cute and hopefully they agree! I did the pictures of the babies and had them sealed and mounted on matboard so that they would last. Then painted and vinyled all the boards and made the little hooks.


Christmas night we spent again at my parents house, it was just easier that way!
Night night Paiton, hope you had a great Christmas!


It's so funny how much better Christmas gets once you have a baby to share it with. Matt and I loved watching her open her presents and playing with her new toys so much. It makes you realize that it's all about giving and making other people happy. I would have been happy with no presents, but of course my family made sure that didn't happen! I got a charm bracelet from my parents that I fell in love with at Things Remembered. I got gift cards and movies. My siblings, parents, and grandparents all spoiled me! Thank you to EVERYONE who made our Christmas excellent!

We came home on Saturday to a tree full of presents STILL at our house. Last week we took Matt's Grandma Doris out to lunch and at her house she had a giant box full of presents for us! Matt's mom, Kathy, had also dropped off a box of presents for Paiton. We spent Saturday night opening all those!


Cute new beanie from Chris and Kathy:




Nana reading books to her favorite girl!


We used to laugh at how attached to Nana Cadon was. He loves her so much. Now Paiton seems to be following in those footsteps. Nana is so good to her grandkids and Paiton just adores her. We can't even say "Nana" or tell her we're going to "Nana's" without listening to her say "Nana!?" over and over until we get there!
One of her favorite things to do is talk on the phone. Anything and everything is a phone and if there's nothing within reach, then her hand works just fine! She will put her hand up to her ear and say "Hello? Nana?" and proceed to jabber away to Nana. It cracks us up. She is such a sweetie! She of course also loves her Papa and they have a special song together. Papa sings it and Paiton just claps away while he sings to her! It's very funny!

Her cool new magnetic fridge farm from Matt's parents! Such a fun toy, she loves it!



I can't even begin to tell you all the things she got, but I will try - lots of clothes, pajamas, a rocking horse, a fully loaded purse, a tea set, TONS of books, gift cards, a big pop up toy that plays music and is like a little village, an electronic piggy bank (in which Matt transferred all her money from her boring piggy bank and she has over $40!), stuffed animals, a couple dolls, too much stuff to remember off the top of my head! We can barely walk through our downstairs and I have NO IDEA where everything is going to go, but I guess that will be my project in the coming weeks!
Again, thank you everyone. We had a great Christmas and we hope you all did too!

1 comment:

Brooke and Brad Arnold said...

those pictures are great, it looks like you all had a great time! What is the egg surpreme or whatever it was called? I can't remember after all the reading I have done. LOL We got Wes the fridge phonics which has the little letters you can pop in it like that little farm and he loves his too, though he mostly likes throwing all the letters around, LOL.