Tabs

Monday, February 8, 2010

One Year...

Sorry for the abundance of posts, but I didn't feel like all of these things could be posted together. Call it OCD :)
Friday, February 5, marked the one year anniversary of my best friend Amy's death. As everyone I'm sure knows, she was killed in a plane crash in Catalina last year. She was my best friend and had been since the 10th grade. I have more memories than I can possibly begin to share, and some funny stories that only she would get. I miss her so very much, I can't even begin to explain.
This is her headstone:


And this is a very special picture. This is the last picture ever taken of her. It was taken on her boyfriends iPhone aboard the plane that crashed. I love it because she looks so happy and beautiful.


Miss you Aimers, and love you.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Thats a very sweet tribute to Amy. She is missed by alot of people. She was so much fun and always made me laugh. I've been thinking about her Mom and how hard it must still be for her. I don't know how anyone gets over losing a child. I love you Ashley Bear!

Reid, Kim, Cohen, and Graidy said...

Ash, I'm so sorry that you lost your friend. That last picture of her is very special. I'm glad that you have that to hold on to her and her memory.

Dorothy said...

I think of the trip you two made to California and stayed with us, it was so much fun having you.
I know you miss her and you were both lucky to have each other for as long as you did.
Very nice tribute to a sweet girl.
Love you. G.