Tabs

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Paiton Wiggles Worth

Some more cute pictures of my cuteness, you can never have too many!
Paiton has a new interest - coloring! She loves it and usually doesn't even eat the crayons! (Of course we had to splurge on a $4 Dora coloring book!:})



These are just some cute cushion covers I got to put over the ugly cushions that came with our couch. I love love them!


I ran downstairs to grab laundry out of the dryer and came back to find a curious Paiton waiting for me at the gate!


Paiton loves to lay on her alligator and watch Dora. (Despite what it looks like, my child doesn't just sit and watch TV for hours. Just a couple episodes a day so Mommy can get a tiny bit of work done!)
Clapping along

Waving at Dora




We are so proud, if we ask Paiton to point to Boots, Dora, Swiper, or Backpack, she can pick them out of her coloring book! GENIUS!
I do have to say we've been having some behavior issues with Paiton lately. She for some reason no longer likes car rides and spends the ENTIRE time shrieking this very high pitched, shrill scream. It's very hard to listen to and we don't know how to make her stop. Crackers don't work, her cup doesn't work, a book doesn't work. I just don't know, advice would be appreciated. She has also taken to throwing fits for no particular reason when we're out and about. I have heard more screeching, screaming, crying, and fit throwing in the last 3 days than I wish to ever again! If this is the "wonderful 1's" I have to say I'm pretty scared for the "Terrible 2's"....

3 comments:

Reid, Kim, Cohen, and Graidy said...

It is just the time for fit throwing! Cohen has been throwing himself on the ground crying whenever we don't let him do what he wants. He seriously will look for a spot on the ground to throw himself on!! Hence, the puddle he dove into last week! We no longer can go out to eat because all of a sudden our child hates sitting down in a high chair! I think the terrible two's start at about 16 months!!!!!!!!!!!! Serious!!!!!

Christine said...

maybe you should try getting her a portable dvd player to watch when you are in the car? but then again that would just be even more dora for you to listen to. :) I suggest you turning her around in her carseat. It made a world of difference for Corbin!

Coleson & Tate said...

I suggest you read "Sheparding a Child's Heart" ....

Guiding and training children to be well behaved and obedient starts when they are young, this young (and actually even younger... )Everything is connected for babies/children. Their daily life/routine/sleep habits/ everything relies on the parent to guide them and correct them to learn from right and wrong. Their behavior can be a direct look in the mirror for what is allowed. Not to say they will not disobey or there wont be hard times, they are human, but they also have to learn the standard they are expected to live by. And this includes every area of life. The younger you start, the better!