Tabs

Monday, May 17, 2010

Wow, what a weekend!

I know I say this a lot, but prepared for a SERIOUS picture overload!!
We had a crazy and busy weekend!! Grandma and Poppy were here visiting from California so we were trying to get time in with them in addition to everything else we had to do!
We'll start with Friday. I had a work meeting so Paiton went and played with Grandma and Grandpa Riggs. When I got back Amy, Alyson, and Dane were there and it was Amy's birthday. So for lunch Amy, me, all the kids, my mom, and Grandma and Grandpa went to Olive Garden for lunch.
Then that afternoon we had to go pick up my car from the place that put the leather seats in. I haven't taken pictures yet, but it turned out GREAT!! The colors we chose look awesome, and we had the put seat heaters in too! LOVE IT!
That afternoon/night we headed to my parents and EVERYONE came over for the first bonfire of the season!! Woohoo! One of our favorite things is summer night bonfires with my family!
First, some funny pictures. Paiton does this new thing where she clenches her fists and tightens up and makes a funny smile. She's so silly.
And I was trying to get a picture of how long her hair is when it's straight. This is the best I got:
And this is just a picture I think is so adorable. Cami took it a few weeks ago for school:
And to show what a good Mommy is:
She carefully balanced her baby in the space where her sink goes on her Dora kitchen. After she colored it's face green of course.
Before the bonfire the kids played outside and blew bubbles:
Poppy and Paiton played on the slide at Nana's:
Then it was bonfire time! (Someone proved some things never change and snuck himself into all my pictures...)
Grandpa and I were clearly trying to have a conversation:Spencer and his girlfriend Kaitlin:
The babies enjoyed it:
"I can't believe this is my family!"
Saturday morning Paiton, me, Mom and Grandma headed to the Farmers Market in Nampa. Then we went to a few stores. After that Matt and I took Paiton to lunch at a fun 50's restaurant in Boise called Rockies. Then we headed to Matt's parents house and washed up and vacuumed out my car. (Rather, Matt did. I laid on the couch with Paiton after she was done helping!)


That night we picked up Cadon and met Mom and Dad at Idaho Pizza Company for dinner. Then we took the kids and headed to the Drive In to see the new Alice In Wonderland. Some of my favorite childhood memories involved the drive in and I want Paiton to have those fun memories too, especially with her cousins!
We love the boys so so much and we're so glad they're close by now. Cadon is so sweet to Paiton {usually ;)} and I promise we did not pose them like this, they just give each other loves so sweetly!
Cadon did great at the movie and almost lasted the whole time! He fell asleep towards the end!
We felt bad getting them into their carseats, but they didn't seem to mind!
We then went home and Cadon spent the night with us.
The next day we met everyone at the park for one last play time with Grandma and Poppy.
This is Carissa's sister, Lillian. She is staying with Brandon and Carissa right now. She is very sweet and is so good at playing with the kids. Paiton lvoes her:

Is it a surprise that the paparazzi follow the two cutest toddlers ever around!? Nope!!
Sunday night we headed over to Nana and Papa's for our tradition Sunday night dinner. We ended the night like this:
What a super busy and FUN weekend!! Thanks everyone!!!
And to end, a funny Paiton story! The other morning I was wandering around the house saying to myself "Where are my sunglasses?" and looking all over. All of a sudden Paiton says "Oh! Mommy!" and runs over to her Dora kitchen. She opens the refrigerator door and pulls out a basket full of fake fruit. She digs through it to the bottom and pulls out...my sunglasses! She handed them to me and said "Here go!" I laughed for a loooong time about that one!!!!

No comments: