This week was the Western Idaho Fair! I happen to LOVE the fair and I don't think we've ever missed a year! This year was Paiton's second time going! The weather was a change, I can't remember it ever being anything other than 100 degrees and sweltering, but today it was low 70's and really windy! It was still fun though! Matt, Paiton, and I went with Nana, Papa, and E-Ma Riggs! (Cadon on and off calls my mom either Nana or Nanny, and now Paiton has started calling her Nanny too!)


Every year there is a tent where you pay $0.50 to go in and see either a giant pig or a tiny horse. This year they had both! So for $1.00 we got to see the most gigantic pig I've ever seen, and a horse that's only 21 inches tall, shorter than Paiton!
Paiton loved the pig!


But she was scared of the tiny horse and cried! Silly girl!

Mom and Matt petting one of the cows:

We took Paiton to the petting zoo thinking she'd love to feed the animals, she loved it last year. As soon as we walked in though she started crying and was scared of them! She did love this little goat though:

That is until it got a hold of her toys hanging from her stroller and started chewing on them!

We thought that the sign behind this guy was funny:

This year there were KANGAROOS! Paiton LOVED them and thought they were hilarious! We had a lot of fun watching them jump around!


Some of them were just hanging in pouches!


Paiton spotted the carousel and wanted to go on it! I bought some tickets and as we were waiting in line I asked her which animal she wanted to ride. She told me "horsey" but as we were watching she saw a zebra go by. As soon as she saw it she said "Want ride zebra!" so when it was our turn we raced and got the zebra!

Even though she asked to go on it she was a little scared at first:

But after the first go around she decided it was fun and was yelling Wheee!

Paiton was very tired. I made the mistake of telling her this morning that we were going to see the big pig and the tiny horse, and all day she couldn't think of anything other than seeing the pig and horse so she was too excited to take a nap! Getting a ride from Nanny:

There was lots of music playing so naturally we had to take some dance breaks!


Here is a video of some of her dance moves. (of course as soon as I get the video camera out the dancing dramatically slows!)
This year there also was a ride that came from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch!

Before this next picture I have to tell the story behind it. We were walking through the fair and Paiton saw the part where you can ride a real pony in a circle. She wanted to see the horsey so I took her over there. Then she was asking to touch the ponies, so Papa gave her $5 to go and ride on one. I took her over and set her on one and you would have thought it was the most terrifying thing in the world! She immediately started screaming, crying, and clawing at me to get me to take her off the pony! The nice man told me I could take her off and gave us back our money! She was mad at me and wanted Nana to hold her:

There was a cool Lego exhibit this year. Paiton liked looking at all the stuff people had built out of them:



There was also a big dinosaur exhibit this year. We paid extra to go in and see it, but it was pretty neat. I was worried that since everything else this year was scaring Paiton she wouldn't like it, but she wanted to go in! While we were walking through she was saying "Dinosaur! Rawr!"

Digging for fossils at the dinosaur exhibit:



Papa got a corn on the cob, one of Paiton's favorites, so of course he shared!



Tell me this isn't the cutest baby in the world!?!

Almost makes me want to have another! HA! Just kidding!
LOVE my family!

Such a silly girl!

We had so much fun at the fair!! Afterward we went to Fuddruckers for dinner, and Papa spent a bunch of quarters to win Paiton a cute bear in the arcade!! Can't wait for next year!
2 comments:
Very cute pics! And yes we know you want another baby!!! :)
She is so cute. I love that she went to nana for protection after you tortured her :)
Post a Comment