Tabs

Thursday, February 10, 2011

27 Weeks

I am now 27 weeks pregnant, as of yesterday!
Quinn now weighs around 2 pounds and is the size of a head of cauliflower!! He is still pretty active in there. Just like his big sister he gets the hiccups almost every night. It makes me laugh. They are actually really hard and I feel bad for him! Last night Paiton and Quinn had hiccups at the same time!
So far I am still doing good. Let me think of what symptoms have come up...I am starting to get leg cramps at night which I think is a common pregnancy thing. I had them with Paiton too. They hurt so bad! I remember a few times with Paiton I had to kick Matt to wake him up and force him to rub them out! Luckily they haven't been that bad this time! (He is somewhat caring in this area, but not much considering the teasing he still receives for an incident that happened before I even knew him in which a leg cramp caused him to collapse in a parking lot...) ;)
I am still taking my daily Zantac to prevent (ha!) heartburn and Matt very kindly monitors my Tums intake by yelling at me from the couch if he hears the rattle of the bottle. He doesn't want me getting kidney stones again.
*Let's be honest and say here that Matt actually doesn't want the hospital bill for kidney stones, I'm not really all that convinced that it has anything to do with me.
Every night I lay against my heating pad because my back is killing me, but that's really no different than when I'm not pregnant! Maybe just a little more painful.
That's really all the symptoms I have! Quinn is being a good boy in there, let's hope that it continues outside of the womb!! ;) Paiton still loves to talk about her baby brother, and how she is going to be a big sister. Last night she amazed Matt and I by telling us that she wants to hold baby Quinn and give him a bottle. We were impressed she made that connection considering she isn't around babies! She followed that little piece of knowledge by also saying that she wanted to give him a quesadilla, so thoughtful.
Here are my 27 week pictures. I am in pajamas because I have a hard time remembering that on Wednesdays I need to take pictures, so please ignore the scrubs.
Paiton was sad I took it without her so she ran over, half-naked and with her yogurt bowl, to get in one too:
I don't have much exciting news since I've been such a good blogger lately! :)
I do have a funny story about Paiton yesterday. I love our conversations in the car, she is so fun to talk to and the best seem to happen while we're driving. Yesterday out of nowhere she said "Will you take me trick or treating tonight so I can get some candy?" I tried to explain to her that I couldn't take her trick or treating until Halloween to which she responded "Well I'll look like a pirate. Cadon will too." I'm surprised she has such a good memory about Halloween! I kept trying to explain to her that we couldn't go trick or treating but she could have some candy after dinner. She sighed and continued to talk on and on about her "little candy bag" and how eating candy "would be so much fun." It was very cute :)
I discovered the other day that she can now count up to 15 and she demonstrated for her daddy in Target yesterday by counting to 15 for him!
I have the owls shelves almost totally done for their room, just waiting to spray paint the last part, but it's been sooooo cold out I haven't wanted to go out and do it. Maybe this weekend if it's nice. Then I'll have cute pictures to post!
Poor Matt was kind of picked on in this blog, what nice things can I say about him? ;) He is still working away, being awesome. He may or may not be applying for a new job that I may or may not want to post about because I don't want to jinx it. Stay tuned. He is still playing tennis every Thursday night and still reffing the boys basketball games at his school for extra money. Paiton and I help work in the concession stands on Tuesdays and Thursdays and she loves it. I could do without the annoying middle schoolers, but it's not too bad.
That's about it for my 27 week update!!

No comments: