Tabs

Thursday, February 24, 2011

29 Weeks


Yesterday I reached the 29 weeks pregnant mark and also had a doctor appointment. I had to drink the gross orange drink to do the glucose test, yuck! I choked it down during a meeting and then P and I headed to the doctor! They took my blood and Paiton was very concerned for me. She kept saying "You're ok Mommy?" and rubbing my arm :)
Then Dr. Jones came in and asked how things were going. I told her I had been having cramping and Braxton Hicks contractions every day and worse at night. She wanted to check my cervix to make sure it was still closed since it was about this time I had kidney stones and went into labor with Paiton. They had to hospitalize me and give me shots to stop the labor, so she wanted to be safe. She checked and everything was fine! Before she came in and did all that I had turned Wonder Pets on on my phone and set P up in the recliner in the room to entertain her. Dr. Jones measured my belly and listened to Quinn's heart. I asked about my Rhogam shot, and I had totally forgotten that since it's a blood product I have to go to the hospital to get it! Dang! As she was leaving she said to Paiton 'Bye Paiton! Have a good day!' at which point Paiton leapt out of the chair and yelled "But what about Quinn's heartrate!?" Dr. Jones looked baffled and said "Well I already listened to it!" to which Paiton responded "Well I didn't hear it!" and crossed her arms and looked sad. Dr. Jones started cracking up and came over to do it again. She put the one end on my belly and handed the speaker part to Paiton, and because Pai always helps she knew what button to push and turned it on to listen. Then she handed it back and said "Thanks! Bye!" She seriously cracks me up!! And not just me, I thought Dr. Jones was going to cry she was laughing so hard!!
Here is my 29 week picture:
We have been having a ROUGH few nights with night terrors. Luckily Paiton's appointment with the sleep doctor is FINALLY next week!! Woohoo!! On Tuesday night she was having 2-3 night terrors every single hour. By 2 am I just got up and didn't bother trying to sleep anymore. Last night was rough too but not quite as bad. I hope the doctor has some suggestions for us because I have been so tired lately it's making me physically sick to my stomach! It will not be fun to deal with this AND a newborn, so cross your fingers for her appointment!
We have also been having a huge struggle trying to get Paiton to eat. She used to be a great eater and now she isn't so much! She won't eat very much and won't try new things. I read that putting different foods in a muffin tin can help with that and thought it was worth a shot:
If you look closely you'll realize that she is using an outlet plug as a spoon...that was all her doing and I figured it wasn't worth the fight to take it, so that's how she ate her yogurt!! Silly girl!
I just thought this was a cute picture of P lounging around one morning:
We have still been working in the concession stands at Matt's school twice a week, which Paiton LOVES! She likes to hand out the candy to the kids, eat popcorn, and be friendly! Her favorite thing is any time someone orders a drink, she will run over to the cupboard where the lids are, grab one, and hand it to us! So helpful! She doesn't know that we pretend to put the lids on that she hands us because they aren't the right size, and by the end of the night we have a stack of "Paiton lids" :)
This has been SUCH a busy week for me. Poor Paiton has been dragged to numerous meetings and doctors appointments, etc. all week long. She is such a champ. But today was day 3 of not having time for a nap and it really caught up to her. We had to go to Target and she was having behavior issues! She was screaming and crying and not wanting to listen so she ended up having to put back a toy she was going to get. Then we met Matt at Costco and she had more meltdowns and finally Matt had to put her in timeout. I don't think she believed he would do it, but like a good daddy he followed through and did it!!
She got a time out in the cereal aisle! She sat there for her two minutes, then when he asked if she was ready to be nice she screamed "NO!" and got another minute of time out, after which she gave hugs and apologized for being naughty, then went on her merry way skipping and jumping over cracks (her new favorite game). The picture of her pouting on the cereal just cracks me up :) People are always amazed at how well Paiton handles her time outs! We have been doing them with her since before she was 1, and she knows exactly what is expected of her and exactly what she is to do and she does it 99% of the time!

And here are my funny Paiton stories from the last couple days:
~The other day we went to Albertson's and I had to slam on my breaks to avoid hitting a duck that was walking through the parking lots. Paiton said to me "Wow Mom! You drive like a crazy person!" I was trying to tell Matt how absolutely hilarious this was, and later that night when we were in bed I remembered something I needed to do and I jumped up and ran out of the room and Paiton turned to Matt and said "Mommy is running around like a crazy person!" Haha!!
~ We were driving this morning and Paiton pointed out the window and said "Look at the mountains!" I just thought it was really smart that she recognized the mountains and also that she noticed them. She also said "They are really way far away!"
~ This morning she woke up way earlier than usual and I was going to close the garage door behind Matt as he left for work. It was still pitch black out but the lights in the kitchen were on. Paiton insisted she go see her Daddy so I carried her out to say bye. She buried her face in my neck and said "The sun's too bright! Turn it down!" :) She melts my heart!!

3 comments:

Brooke and Brad Arnold said...

That's funny about P at the Dr. appt. And welcome to my world with the eating thing. Wes uses anything as a spoon too and I really don't care if it gets him to eat!

Derek and Lori said...

Love reading your blog. Miss you guys. Every kid goes through stages with their eating. Don't worry about it. When she gets hungry, she will eat. Don't give her snacks though, if she doesn't eat at meal time. She will be hungry again by the next meal....and I promise, she won't starve in that amount of time.
I am glad her sleep appt. is almost here. It is going to be hard, but you have to be willing to do WHATEVER the doctor suggests to you, even if it doesn't make sense, or seems "to hard". Sometimes we just want a magic bullet. Can't wait to hear what happens!!
Love you...kisses for Paiton!!

Joe, Riki, and Caydence said...

Paiton is so funny, I love her cute little stories. Kids amaze me they are always aware of what's going on, and we always seem to underestimate them. Keep us posted on the Dr. appt.