Valentine's Day is pretty fun when you have a little 2 year old girl to spoil!!
We woke up that morning and Paiton came out to see her Valentine's present. When I told her she had a present waiting she said "Is it my happy birthday!?" :)
She remembered the second she woke up that I had told her I would make her pink waffles, and she was ready for them!!
Opening her present:
Not wasting anytime eating candy!
Ooooh new lipsticks!

Pink waffles, coming up!
I left Matt a little note on his mirror so he would see it when he got up for work:
He left me one back :)
After breakfast and getting dressed we worked on making Daddy a card to go with his present. Paiton had fun painting it and when I asked her what she wanted her card to say, she was very specific. It had to say "I love you Daddy" and have hearts on it :)
After that I had to go to court to fight a speeding ticket, so Matt's mom came to watch P. (Long story short: I got a ticket for going 35 in a 20 school zone, BUT the lights that flash to tell you it's a school zone weren't flashing, so I took a picture and decided it was worth fighting, since 35 would have been the correct speed. I'm glad I did, when I showed up to my court date I was the SIXTH person with the same cop, same ticket, same place - all the others had pictures of the lights too!!)
After that Daddy came home from work with a surprise for his girls!!
Beautiful roses and cards!!
Paiton was very happy to get flowers and kept smelling them:
We always like to get the shaped pizza's from Papa Murphy's that they do for all the holidays, and at Valentine's it's a heart!
For dessert I made fondue:
Paiton laughing like crazy at her dad:
After fondue we had planned on watching a scary movie that I had rented, but a certain little girl wouldn't go to sleep, so we ended up just going to bed.
And it's all downhill from there...
At about 4 am on Tuesday morning Matt woke up not feeling well. By 4:30 he was really in trouble and throwing up. I got up with him and he got online and requested a sub. He had to run into school to grab something though and by the time he came back, I was sick too!
It was AWFUL. It just hit us out of nowhere. We were both pretty sure we were dying. We couldn't move, stand, sit, do anything without hurting and getting sick!
Luckily Paiton was fine, but it is so hard to have a 2 year old feeling fine and with energy when both her parents can't stop throwing up and can't move! She was pretty neglected, I have to say! We just kept putting movies in and I didn't even get her out of her pajamas. I felt really bad, but she is such a trooper. She kept asking us if we were sick and telling us to feel better.
My super amazing mom came over after work to take care of Paiton for me. I told her she shouldn't come expose herself to the plague, but she did anyway! She played with her, washed my dishes from our Valentine's dinner the night before, went to the store and got us Saltines and juice and some treats for Paiton, and even gave Paiton a bath and got her all ready for bed. I can't thank her enough for helping out SO much. I know Paiton was glad to have some attention and be taken care of and I was glad to not have to worry about her being bored or ignored!
The flu is always awful, but I have to say, it's 100 times worse when you are big and pregnant! Quinn has been moving like crazy the last few days, never stopping! Every time he would roll around in there I would get sooo nauseas. Then he would give me a good kick to the stomach sending me running for the bathroom. I told Matt I was about ready to reach up there and pull him out! It was, I think, the second sickest I've been in my life! Tuesday night Matt put in for a sub again for Wednesday.
Wednesday we woke up feeling somewhat better. Matt was a little hungry, I wasn't but my legs and hips were really hurting, I think from being so dehydrated. Around 10 am Matt went to let the dogs in, only to realize they weren't in the backyard! Matt went out in a panic and noticed a little piece of fence that had been broken off and it looked like they had slipped out through it. We hurried and went out in the van looking for them. I spotted Kotah right away, just a couple streets over walking down the sidewalk. Matt got him into the back of the van with a treat. I was surprised that he and Keilah weren't together. We drove around but couldn't find her. Then I took Matt home and he took his car out so we could cover more ground. We drove and drove looking for her. Poor Paiton was yelling in the car "Keilah! Come on puppy! Ruff ruff!" She kept telling me "We'll find her Mommy." I called the vet and the microchip place to let them know that we were out looking for Keilah, in case someone found her and turned her in.
Then I started to head home to see if I could find her on the way and to get online and post a listing on craigslist. As I pulled up to our house I saw Keilah running in our front yard. Matt was right behind me and got her to jump into his car. It was good timing since it had started to snow and she was wet and cold. I don't know how she found her way home since they have never even been in the front yard of this house, but we're glad she did!
Needless to say, we are ready for this week to be over!! We spent yesterday recovering. Matt was able to eat some food. I ate an apple and a little chicken soup and called it good.
This morning we woke up to more snow! Yuck!! So far Paiton still seems to be fine and not sick, I am really hoping it stays that way!! It would break my heart if she got so sick.
In baby news I am now 28 weeks pregnant and into the third trimester! I haven't taken a 28 week picture, maybe in the next couple days when I feel like a human again!





2 comments:
Oh the Idaho plague, have you noticed we haven't come to visit since the last outbreak. Hope you guys feel better, give Paiton hugs & kisses for us.
I can't say that I blame you for wanting to avoid The Plague. Our friends had it all last week, and Cadon and Ryan had it this weekend, so I'm assuming we picked it up from kissing them goodbye before their trip!! It's nasty stuff!!
Post a Comment